Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have a European Focus titanium, out of Germany, the dealer in Dubai picked a lot of nice options on the car (Bluetooth, USB, voice controls, Aux, front & rear parking sensors, steering wheel controls), except for one thing: monochrome 4inch screen.

being part of the 21st century, having bought my car 1 year ago, and loving it, don't wanna replace it with anything else, i find myself really wanting to have a more appealing user interface for SYNC.

Going through the different threads on the forum, I have two questions:

1- what do I have to do exactly to get a color screen, which part number, and would it be plug and play or not.

2- can I get this working on my focus: http://www.ebay.com/itm/29133888926...49&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true
what are the precautions? What kind of compatibility issues should I expect if any?

Appreciate the help, thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So,

forget about replacing the monochrome screen with the full myford touch 8 inch unit, too complex, not gonna happen.

Now what if I replace my screen + radio with the Sony one, would it be compatible? given that I have the 6 Speakers system in place, and the Sony one assumes that I have 10 speakers, right?

I'm gonna have a look at the plugs tomorrow, but anyone's input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm not an expert on the factory Focus sound systems, but I would certainly think the Sony head unit outputs low-level signals to a factory Sony amplifier, which then pushes the speakers. The non-Sony baseline head unit likely sends high-level signals directly to the speakers. This means that just swapping the head units is not an option. If you want to gut the entire Sony system out of a donor car and swap it entirely into your Focus, then obviously I'm sure that would work.

But by that point, why not just go aftermarket with a double-din touch screen?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for the response

Happy New Year

I dont trust aftermarket units, i've already tried one for my Explorer, and I had to return it, it is just a small PC with Windows CE, and not fully integrated with the vehicle, it has its glitches which i cannot live with.

I've purchased the OEM Sony system for my focus now, awaiting delivery, I will post my feedback after I install it and see how it goes.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
That's because you bought some Chinese knock-off bulls#it. lol They're rampant in the UAE. Which is ironic, considering the wealth over there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts