Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2004 Focus SVT 4 doo, and it has about 33k on it. When I am going about 65 to 70 I hear a faint high pitched squeeking noise (possibly a belt), anyone know what that may be? Also when I turn sharply at mid to high speeds I will hear a rubbing noise I think it is the tire rubbing the fender wall thing, but I was just curious if anyone knew these to be common problems or somthing I should worry about. On a final note, does the idle also act so wierd? like I have the SCT tune on it, and it takes a second or 2 to even the idle out at around 900. other than these three complaints I love the car

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Just to make sure you have the right car, are you sure its not a 5 door? 4 doors with a hatch, or do you have a sedan?

Anyway, I cant help with you problems but no advice will be any good if you dont actually have an SVT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all SVT's are the hatch back i just assumed i could say 4 door, but yea its deffinitly an SVT, deffinitly a hatchback, I have all the factory paperwork and the number thing. so that im sure of, just curious about these noises.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so my CEL came on tonight while driving going just over 65, I dropped it off at my mechanic and hes gonna take a look at it tommorow, I hope all is alright. [:(] , but does anyone have any idea what this might be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts