Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, got a small problem with a 2000 Focus.
A small piece of plastic has come off down above the pedals, below and kind of behind the bottom of the steering wheel, awkward place.
It looks like it has something to do with airflow, possibly to the drivers feet area? or maybe vents.
It doesn't appear damaged, so I'm hoping I can just clip it back on if I could only see where!
Long shot but anyone any ideas or dealt with this before?
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I did not mean to post this here, could a moderator please move it to the Focus technical chat section? or where ever suitable.

My apologies

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
Looks to be the vent that blows air on your feet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought as much, although I can still feel air blowing down there from somewhere.
Had a good luck down under there today and could not for the life of me see where the thing is suppose to connect or at what angle/orientation.
If anyone is willing to take a quick snap of theirs and stick it up here I'd be much appreciative!

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
I'll see if I get a chance too

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Ill see if I have a picture or will take one if bringler doesnt get to it first. I had to remove my vent when i installed the SVT gas pedal down there. I couldnt fit my hand and a wrench in the tight spot.

The good news is, it wasn't too hard to remove or put back other than the tight/awkward location.

Found one in my photobucket of the pedals, you can kind of see it in the background. I'll try to get a better one of where it bolts up when i get off work

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rambleon84 you are a gentleman, if you manage to get one where it bolts on I owe you!
I've added to your FF Rep.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Well, hope this helps some, although it looks like Ford slightly changed the part from '00 to '07.

It also looks like I half assed putting mine back on,a s the screw doesn't look to be doing anything. I've had the pedals on for at least three months now and the vent hasnt fallen off and it still blows cold air on my feet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really appreciate you going out of you're way to take those pics, they're perfect, I was looking nowhere near there.
Thanks alot

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
No problem, its a really quick process for me to get pictures onto the computer. Plus it showed me that I need to get that piece put on correctly myself. I think I was annoyed when I put the put the gas pedal on and just said F-it, its close enough [wrenchin]

thanks for the rep too...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I've got mine hooked back up again thanks to your pictures.
Thanks again, I don't know how the rep works but tried to give you some positive feedback anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Was it the driverside piece? Cause it looks like it would be the passenger side, but I doubt that would fall on your pedals. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea drivers side, don't think passenger side has one.
Mine is 2000 UK model so that could have something to do with it. It's right hand drive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts