Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...with the 2012 Focus sporting LED strips in the upper edge of the headlamps AND the 2010 Taurus running LED strips on the front corners, I decided to squeeze myself into Ford's current game.

I swapped out the stock #194 city lights with a white LED wedge. The color is close to what the Taurus has.

They appear a little bit more blue in the pics then they really are. Got somemore plans to clean up the Machs with a little 3M love and some smoked tint to make these last as long as I can.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The plugs for the city lights are just a simple socket style that the wedge bulb fits into, and they were a pain in the ass to change out without removing the entire headlamp assembly.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
Yeah, those are nearly impossible to get at with the headlights on the car. I took one out to mess with it the last time I had my MACHs off the car and forgot to put it back in before I put the headlights back on the car, and OMB it was a bitch to get on there lol.

They look good [thumb] I want to change mine but I'm too lazy...haha

Definitely give your MACHs a 3M treatment! I did to mine, and the result is unbelievable [ohcrap] I put some Lamin-X on mine too once I got them all nice and pretty...that stuff is not fun to work with

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
Like 2 hours for the first one and less than 45 minutes for the second, because I was more comfortable doing the second one having already done the driver's side. Do yourself a favor and use a drill with a cord, otherwise you'll run out of juice if you use a battery-operated drill.

I was scared shitless at first, and it shows when you look at the driver's side headlight. I didn't sand nearly as much as I did on the passenger side...it still looks good, but my passenger side is flawless.

Make sure you tape off the light though. I didn't because I thought I was a badass and could control the drill....but nope. I have a few scuffs on my paint around the headlight now. They pretty much polished out (I used the 3000 grit pad on them then the headlight polish haha), but you can still see them if you look. Needless to say I taped the second one lol

The awesome thing is cleaning up your lights will REALLY increase the light output of your MACHs. You don't realize how much the haze reduces the light output until you have clear lenses again. I figured I would get a little more light hitting the road, but it really took me by surprise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts