Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving to the Kings-Nuggets game last night, I rear ended someone going about 30 mph. I was gonna brake in time, but my foot slipped from the brake pedal and bam.

Damage is... Not so bad I guess? Headlights broke their tabs and won't stay on their own. Scratches, scuffs, broken and chipped paint, messed up grille pieces and so on. Also the hood apparently moved with the driver fender. The gaps just don't like up, and the hood protrudes 1/2 inch over the bumper now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415303044.381642.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415303065.635000.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415303094.205008.jpg

No mechanical issues thus far. Filed a claim and waiting for word back.

Headlights and grille pieces will obviously have to be replaced.

She did handle it like a champ tho! Especially since I hit a pick up.

Glad to be okay!

Side note: since the headlights have to be replaced, anyone know where I can find ST3 style headlights that will work with the regular MK3?

Or where I can find the titanium style grille pieces? Not the regular plastic ones but the black shiny ones?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, a lot of the plastic clips and support pieces behind the bumper seem to be damaged as well. So obviously the damage is not just cosmetic.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
While driving to the Kings-Nuggets game last night, I rear ended someone going about 30 mph. I was gonna brake in time, but my foot slipped from the brake pedal and bam.
Glad nobody was hurt.

Time to make lemonade out of lemons. Since you have to replace all the front fascia, I would upgrade to a ST front end.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad nobody was hurt.

Time to make lemonade out of lemons. Since you have to replace all the front fascia, I would upgrade to a ST front end.

Honestly I wouldn't want to. I like the look of the car now (nothing against the ST) but those ST3 headlights have been on my mind for a while as an upgrade. But now since I have to replace the lights might as well do it now. Haven't found compatible ones though. The actually bumper though should be able to fixed though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just had a similar incident with a lady backing into me. Her fault and her insurance handled it fine. Just picked my car up 2 nights ago. I didn't have any hood damage, just the front bumper, middle black grill insert and driver side grill insert, reinforcement bar, and some other bumper dampener thing. Was about $1803 in damages but I owe nothing. Looks good as new!

Hope your (negative) experience is as good as mine in the end!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just had a similar incident with a lady backing into me. Her fault and her insurance handled it fine. Just picked my car up 2 nights ago. I didn't have any hood damage, just the front bumper, middle black grill insert and driver side grill insert, reinforcement bar, and some other bumper dampener thing. Was about $1803 in damages but I owe nothing. Looks good as new!

Hope your (negative) experience is as good as mine in the end!

Thanks! Since this one was my fault I'm gonna have to shell out $500 deductible. But oh well. They are expediting the repairs since I have full coverage so I can get her back asap. Hoping it looks good as new too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you concerned at all about the person you hit or there truck?

I all most divorced my wife when she rear ended a truck in our new 09 Civic Hybrid. It totaled the truck bent the hell out of the frame and hurt the driver. All because she wasn't paying attention at hwy speeds. The Civic had $12k in damage and wouldn't total. Hidden damage was everywhere. Honda even sent a structural engineer to the body shop to make sure it was repaired to spec.

Good Luck

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you concerned at all about the person you hit or there truck?

I all most divorced my wife when she rear ended a truck in our new 09 Civic Hybrid. It totaled the truck bent the hell out of the frame and hurt the driver. All because she wasn't paying attention at hwy speeds. The Civic had $12k in damage and wouldn't total. Hidden damage was everywhere. Honda even sent a structural engineer to the body shop to make sure it was repaired to spec.

Good Luck
The driver in the truck was totally fine. His truck just had a bent bumper with no frame or paint damage. My focus took the majority of the damage. His truck barely anything. He was fine.

Sorry to hear that man! I can't imagine what that must have been like =/

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Side note: since the headlights have to be replaced, anyone know where I can find ST3 style headlights that will work with the regular MK3?
Here are some ST "style" lights made by Spyder:

https://www.coolprojectors.com/parts/headlights/PRO-JH-FF12-LED-BK/?q=16622

Or where I can find the titanium style grille pieces? Not the regular plastic ones but the black shiny ones?
Don't you have a 2012 SE with Sport package? (Your profile says that). Those come with the piano black grille if I am not mistaking. And from your pics it looks like you do have the piano black grille already.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some ST "style" lights made by Spyder:

https://www.coolprojectors.com/parts/headlights/PRO-JH-FF12-LED-BK/?q=16622

Don't you have a 2012 SE with Sport package? (Your profile says that). Those come with the piano black grille if I am not mistaking. And from your pics it looks like you do have the piano black grille already.

Yes!! The piano black grille is what I have. And yeah that's the car haha. I was wondering what they called these types of grilles

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yes!! The piano black grille is what I have. And yeah that's the car haha. I was wondering what they called these types of grilles
The piano black grilles come on the titanium, so if your insurance company replaces those parts with the same ones you have, you already have the titanium grille.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The piano black grilles come on the titanium, so if your insurance company replaces those parts with the same ones you have, you already have the titanium grille.

I'm hoping they do. I'm gonna watch the repairs like a hawk to make its done right. I'm also gonna request the titanium lights as replacements. Since apparently this car is supposed to have them but were swapped out after an incident with rocks on the freeway.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416456045.379155.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416456055.779141.jpg

Could not be happier with the repairs! Car looks better than before the accident. Plus the new titanium lights look sweet!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I don't think so anyways, tons of Focuses around these parts. Just saw on the thing with your name and car info you are in West Sac. Not being a creeper or anything, sorry!

Hahaha nah I'm not saying you a creeper lol. Thought maybe you recognized me from somewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts