Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 lx 2.0spi with 98k miles on it. the other day I was going up a steep hill and noticed the car skipping/hesitating going up it. it was only for a second but still made me nervous. Lately the car has seemed to be sluggish and does not seem to have any get up and go. I have just kind of pushed this off by thinking it is summer in GA and the air is on max almost all the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks dave

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
try new spark plugs, and maybe new fuel filter, coulda also be fuel pump becuase you do have the earlier model with the bad fuel pump. mine is also very sluggish going up hills....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply. I got the fuel pump recall done. I changed the plugs and wires within the last year or 5K miles. no CEL. Just seems like this car used to have alot more pep than it does now.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Fuel filter sounds like a good reason, also air filter, or if its a auto get the tranny fluid changed.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I agree with others, I have changed my fuel filter twice and both times it was pretty dirty.. Try that first!

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
I was told you have to change out the fuel pump to replace the fuel filter... is this true? and if so at what mileage should I do this at?

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
nope
the fuel filter is out side the tank. almost under the rear seat (but underneath the car) it only takes about 10 minutes to replace it, maybe even less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts