Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my car up from the shop on Tuesday. They installed a tune, and fixed a few things that the car needed. The mechanic (who works on a lot of SVT Foci) said he thought that my car seemed sluggish. He said he wasn't sure thought because he is used to driving Foci with F/I or Mustangs.

I got a call on Friday saying that he (the mechanic) just put a new clutch into another SVT Focus and it is "night and day" quicker than my Focus. He brought up a compression test, the VCT, and the DSI.

I went to a local shop (friend) today and ran a full car scan and had a compression test done on the car. Both came back fine.

I have nothing to compare the car to. I don't know how to tell if it is sluggish. I also don't know how to check the VCT, or the DSI. I believe the VCT would throw a code though, and the car scan did not show any codes.

Does anybody have any other recommendations?

I am going to try to find somebody local to either drive my car, or let me ride in theirs. That might help a little.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Seems you got a real bum deal with your car, sorry to hear. But from the looks of this:

I would say you may want to either ditch the car or replace the whole trans. Seems there is something in it's past that you may never know and is causing problems.

And from the looks of my search this is nothing new for you and your car.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Crap. Serves me right for not reading far enough.

Well the DSI is real easy to check. Basically all you have to do is listen for the intake/exhaust noise to change at about 5,500 RPM. Or when you first turn the car on you should hear a "zip" from under the hood as the IMRC switches the runner.

I'm not sure on the VCT. But I think that will throw a code if something isn't working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts