Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Ever since yesterday it seems my car takes full throttle to take off smoothly and I have to ride the clutch without the car starting to vibrate like it is going to stall. I don't know what it could be but the throttle doesn't seem as responsive. I've always had to floor it to get it to the speed I want without taking forever but this is a lot different. Lately I've been letting my girlfriend drive my car to teach her how to drive stick and she stalls a lot and is very very jerky on take offs. She has also grinded my gears like twice, but hey, that's not too bad considering I've made a few mistakes like that once or twice. But again I noticed that if I don't give a crap load of gas and ride the clutch the car has like no power and feels like it might stall although I haven't yet. Has anyone had this kind of problem with their focus? And what you did to fix it? Thanks.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
lol...maybe shes just burning out your clutch

·
Registered
688 Posts
lol..yea..n thats why i dont let ppl drive my car if they cant drive stick...i dont wanna get in my car n then go into 3rd or sumtin n hear a grind...ahhhh....id take the shifter n hit em with it lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already burning it out? But it's only got 26,850 on it and it's never driven hard if at all. I take really good care of it. I wouldn't think a few grinds would mess it up already unless I was doing like 75 and shoved it in 1st without putting the clutch in.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
...shes riding the clutch...your riding the clutch...dun matter if you have 26k...once that puppy gets hot. its not gonna like that driving

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wave [wave] Bye, Bye to your clutch.....Sorry dude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts