Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 zx-3 and it was sluggish----- the cat was clogged..... so i punched it out and got a o2 cheater plug...... it ran like a raped ape for like 5 months and now its getting sluggish again.... i dont know if it needs a tuneup or what.... need some help guys!!!!! by the way i have 55k on my car-and its a 5spd

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way it used to free rev real high and hit the rev limiter,-------- now it wont rev high at all and never hits the revlimiter

·
Registered
104 Posts
If isn't noticeable what you did to your cat you should take it to a Ford dealer and have them replace your cat (I think that emission parts like cat, exhaust.... are covered by something like 8 year or 80,000 miles). So, if you can't tell what you did take it there and ask them if they can do a back-pressure test to see if your cat is bad, if so it should be covered.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh, or you could spend like 80-100 bucks and get a straight pipe that deletes the cat. If you go this route be fore-warned, your car's exhaust will be louder.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is kinda loud from the motor when i took off the downpipe with the cat i completely hollowed it out theres nothing left where the cat is do you think maybe the resonator or muffler might be clogged also

·
Registered
334 Posts
^ that sounds reasonable maybe some debris clogged up the muffler or resonator

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had a 98 neon dohc that this happened to. I over heated the cat and the insides broke away....Eventuly the sides rattled around enuf till they were small enuf to make there way into the exhaust pipe. They cloged the exhaust and pluged the muffler. It was not perty...

If i were you i would pull the cat and have a look to see if any peices of what was left are missing. if so you nkow what hapened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts