Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have front and rear drilled and slotted rotors, and about a week ago, i was on the highway, left lane, right next to the guard rail, and as i approached the toll booth, my window was down, i heard almost like a clicking/ticking/mechanical pump/noise that ive never heard before when i applied the brake.

as soon as the brake was released, the nose went away, and after multiple drives, it does it every time i hit the breaks from fast speeds.

it started after i took an uphill, tight right hand turn with my traction control off, there was wheel spin and it was one heck of a fun turn, but since then, its been doing it like its its job.

nothing wrong with braking all and all, same pedal feel, and still stops on a dime, but its damn annoying, anyone else ever experience this??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine are dimpled/slotted and I have an issue with that as well. I cant say what it is exactly but when pads come in contact with the rotor they sometimes make noise, I assume its from the gooves. Id check that everything is aligned properly and that the rotors are not warped.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are dimpled/slotted and I have an issue with that as well. I cant say what it is exactly but when pads come in contact with the rotor they sometimes make noise, I assume its from the gooves. Id check that everything is aligned properly and that the rotors are not warped.
if my rotors are warped, which i think might be part of my problem, can they be cut on a break lathe?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have slotted/dimpled ebc rotors. They are just noisy. A friend has slotted on his prelude...also noisy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, just wondering because i didnt know. thanks [wave]

·
Registered
383 Posts
its normal. had the same noises on my supra. if you get brake pads with sloped edges they are not as loud.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what brakes other than brembo's do you guys recommend? mine are good, but I'm not satisfied with them, they squeak, and make noise, and now that i know the clicking type slotted/drilled rotor noise is normal, what type of pads would be recommended?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
should i look at CFM.com for them? or where can i find them for the cheepest i guess ill ask. and does anyone know if slotted and full drilled rotors can be re surfaced?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what about the EBC green stuff pads? or the redstuff pads, whats the difference between all the brands?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didnt think so, my boss told me that a flywheel resurfacer would work, but im not to sure im going to set the machine up to try. i hear something about NAPA auto parts could resurface drilled and slotted rotors. i might just wear them to hell, and buy new ones.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
same issue. i presumed it was normal. it doesnt bug me at all and i love the brakes so whatever!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the EBC greenstuff pads on my slotted and drilled rotors, still noisy, but they work like a charm, I stop considerably faster and better than oem days.

Jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts