Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting ready to install some slotted rotors and was wondering which way they are supposed to face.... i looked around and some cars have the slots going forward and others backwards... either way makes sense, just wondering which way is correct[dunno]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I had mine going forward, never had a problem and I think it looks better.

·
Registered
978 Posts
it depends on the brand, when you order your rotors they will come marked left and right. powerslots go foward but i had some cheap pep boys ones once and they went backwards

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Well I am against the use of slotted rotors in the first place but logic says the slots should be pointed towards the back of the car. Get my meaning? So if you were looking at the passenger side rotor it should look like \ and not /. Lol hope this makes sense. This is because "if" there is any venting going on you want the gasses to be swept out by the motion of the rotor. So as \ goes around the forward motion of the rotor helps this whereas if it was / then it would be almost pushing air towards the inside of the rotor and not the outside. Make sense I hope.

Although I still say a good solid rotor is best as there is more surface area and heat sink but the slotted ones do look cool.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I've got EBC slotted and dimpled rotors and they go front to back from the inside out.
They were clearly marked right and left, so this is the proper way for these to be installed.
This is a pic during install of the front drivers side rotor:

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
yup, they go backwards if the caliper is on the rear. the vettes are backwards.

^^are those the BLACK EBC's? if so, how is the braking on them? i want a set of blacks!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
They come black, but as soon as the pad makes a sweep, they are shiney like all other rotors.
The great part about these though, is the rest of the rotor does stay black instead
of quickly rusting like a lot of other rotors seem to do.
The braking is awsome, but then again I also have stainless steel brake lines and synthetic brake fluid.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, well i got the powerslots... so im going to go backwards... thanks for the help

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
my powerslots were labeled [L] & [R] this means that they DO in fact go in a certain direction. which is forward like the EBC shown above.

thanks loudfocus01, ill be getting the same next time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts