Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking to get some slotted and/or drilled front rotors for my SVT because lets face it some drilled/slotted rotors just look awesome. Anywho, there are lots of options out there but I'm not sure which is the best for the money. Suggestions and feedback are greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

I have the powerslot slotted rotors and hawk hps pads (one of the packages from either cfm or massive, I can't remember which) but I think its a great combination.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
Powerslot are gonna be your best bet. and IMO they look the best. I have the ebc sport (not svt) on my focus and while they look "cool" they make lots of noise and other people have also said that of the ebc sport rotor.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

I have the powerslot slotted rotors and hawk hps pads (one of the packages from either cfm or massive, I can't remember which) but I think its a great combination.
But be aware that "Centric" do not recommend this combination.
I have experienced a warped rotor sensation 1 year and 2, following installation that I attribute to a problem with the friction material.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
do you have a link to that? I know you will never find a perfect brake set up but I have seen plenty of people pleased with that set up.
Here is the link to CFM:
http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmsvtfocusbrakekitfor02-04svtst170focus-1.aspx

I don't doubt that you had issues but the problems must be fairly rare or I don't think CFM would continue selling this as a package.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was looking at the disk italia stuff they have some pretty cool ones for a good price, further more i was really just planning on using stock pads for the moment. would there be any issues say with friction and warping and whatnot

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
^^^ If you can it would be idea to start out with new pad's too. Ceramic pad's are a great alround pad!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Hello all, I am looking to get some slotted and/or drilled front rotors for my SVT because lets face it some drilled/slotted rotors just look awesome. Anywho, there are lots of options out there but I'm not sure which is the best for the money. Suggestions and feedback are greatly appreciated

If you must go this route and acknowledge it's for looks only, go with the slotted rotor. The day of the drilled rotor has basically passed and there's far more downsides associated with them than slotted ones. Just remember that a slotted rotor will provide little if any benefits (other than say a donation to the economy) for a street driven car. If better braking becomes your primary criteria, a quality solid rotor and good performance pad is the way to go.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have the cfm slotted brake kit and love it. ive had my e-brake stick couple times and no wraping so i guess the slots are doing something! and try to stay away from the drilled rotors unless they are forged like that cause the ones that are just drilled tend to crack and warp fast.

link to brake kit:
http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmsvtfocusbrakekitfor02-04svtst170focus-1.aspx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts