Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've bought my 2002 ZTS Mach Audio used (59k miles). After owning it for about 6 months now, and after spending a lot of money on it ( 60k service, new tires, etc ) I've noticed the engine is not powerful at all. First of all if I rev it up to 4k RPM it starts to sound really weird, like if the engine was going to drown... is this normal? Second, it does not provide much acceleration when getting on after a red traffic light. I test drove a 2003 LX with an SPI engine, and I found it more powerful!? It had more kick when I pressed the gas pedal. The people at the dealership say my engine has already 'loosen up' and that is why I'm getting 260 miles a tank and kinda sloppy performance.

Can someone help with this please...

Thanks! [:D]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did they put a new cam timing belt on as part of the 60k service?Was the car fine before that?It's possible they have the cam timing off.The car will run,but it will be gutless.Just because the dealer did it does not mean they did it right...

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
No, something is wrong with your car, take it to another shop and have them check it out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Check your fuel pump. Mine was doing that last summer and it was the pump going out. It ran good upto 4k and then would start to choke. Ford tried to charge me $500, I found a small dealer to do it for $300. Dealers suck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts