Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any1 had this prob......at low speeds,say around 20-30,in 2nd or 3rd gear..with the gas pedal in consistant spot the car seems to jerk forward and back???

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I get that sometimes pisses me off I've never really asked alot about it seeing as it doesn't happen to often

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Strange part is it doesn't seem to happen at higher speeds cruising at 70 on the freeway I never have a problem with this its only at slower speeds at u stated maybe someone else can bring some light on this subject

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah its about time someone said something bout it i thought it was just my poor driving .. but i have noticed it jerking at low speeds only...its strange don't know wat it is..but when that happens i just shift to the next gear and it stops..

·
Registered
975 Posts
Nah i haven't gotten that - the battery light comes on sometimes when i stop and the lights inside alwayz flicker / surge. It still drives fine so im not worried about it. If it stop all together or all my lights go out i'll get that done.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
SVT4Life - get the reflash.
I've noticed some jerking. I notice it moew when the engine is cold. I think it might be the surging everyone talks about that is supposed to be fixed with a reflash.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The YRF0 did not fix everything as I'm sure some of us that have had the latest reflash have notice. My SVTF also still does the jerking or lunging at lower rpm's, and as Infra already stated I only notice it when the motor is cold.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah i think once the weather gets warm it should stop doing that like today it was nice and warm outside not too cold and i did not notice anything wrong..it ran perfectly today..its prolly just the cold ..anyway i'll keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
some of the surging is due to the dual mass flywheel, i read something about it somewhere that said a jerky clutch is common with them... i think it was motor trend or car & driver...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think the jerking happens in most SVTs. right below 3000 rpms when idling. sound about right?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Depends, I've read that most drivers are having this problem, some say they have had no problems at all. Who knows, cause I dont. lol To many complaints of it for it to be in the drivers head, I know I dont imagine it.

I have another annoying complaint that my dealer has yet to figure out. I have a slight sound, hear it when you push and let off the gas. Sounds like a slight buzz like grinding, not to loud, yet not very soft. I've read on SVTOA of others having this same complaint, with no luck on finding the source. Also yes my car is still in the shop, with the original tranny still torn apart, but I have a nice surprise coming, stay tune for the thread and pics. [;)]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
can't wait R&D mine is also in the shop due to an accidnet I got in (its in for some serious work but ill have it back soon hopefully)

This problem doesn't seem like its hurting the car its just kind of annoying I can deal with it cause I know ford isn't gonna be able to do anything about it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts