Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 zx3
My power windows do alright with the car running, but if I try to roll them both up at the same time with the car off, they go up at a CRAWL. The Driver's side regulator and motor was replaced 'bout a year ago, but the passenger side is stock. 90k miles. Anyways, are there are beefier electrical motors that will fit, or should I look into improving the electrical system? I'm running a brand new Red Top.
I'm tired of how long it takes for them to go up.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My windows go up about half the speed on battery alone versus having the engine on. Guess I just got used to it

Dirty track (or whatever the term is) on the regulator maybe? I've heard the fix for that is to replace it, not lube it, though

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
It's always going to be slower with the engine off. See if there is a difference in the passenger side if you use the button on that door instead of the driver's side. IF there is, then you might want to try your hand at disassembling the switch on the driver's side to clean it with alcohol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.