Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Owned again by Chevy Cruze.

I hope we get some production increases soon. I hate 3rd place.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Personally, I'll start putting stock in the sales numbers once the Focus is available on dealer lots in the numbers that the Cruze is.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
Personally, I'll start putting stock in the sales numbers once the Focus is available on dealer lots in the numbers that the Cruze is.
yeah exactly the cruze is much farther into production at this point. Now while I hate the Cruze is can see why its selling well, because of the simple design and imo bland style your average car buyer isn't always looking for whats cool or sporty like the focus is, and they just go for whats gonna get them from point A to B which is where the cruze fits in imo.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I see the Cruze, Elantra, Corolla, AND Jetta ahead.... how is that 3rd place?

Doesn't matter to me about sales, I love my car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also, how about sales promotions? That would play big into it.

In Canada right now, GM is running 0% financing + employee pricing. That's a lot better than what Ford is running right now....employee pricing, but 4.49% interest rate.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
also this. most people overlook the fact that the Focus is having production shortages and the fact that the Cruze has already been out for a year to prove itself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see the Cruze, Elantra, Corolla, AND Jetta ahead.... how is that 3rd place?
Focus is ahead of Jetta in YTD sales, and I wouldn't even put the Corolla
in this category. I know the magazines do, but really, a 30 year old design
competing with us?

So it looks to me that the Cruze and Elantra are #1 and #2.

I think Cruze is way ahead because people will buy just about anything when
there is 0% interest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll bet next year at this time, this chart will look very different. In a good way for the focus.

·
Registered
368 Posts
As much as I want Focus to be at top, I kinda like it that not a lot of people buy the focus. Makes me feel that my car is "unique" coz not a lot have it. I'm living in a town where there's a Focus population of 8 including mine :p

·
Registered
882 Posts
Focus is ahead of Jetta in YTD sales, and I wouldn't even put the Corolla
in this category. I know the magazines do, but really, a 30 year old design
competing with us?

So it looks to me that the Cruze and Elantra are #1 and #2.

I think Cruze is way ahead because people will buy just about anything when
there is 0% interest.
lol what? Why would you not consider the Corolla in this category? and it doesn't matter what the YTD are, the monthly sales are the most important in this kind of discussion because they directly display how the cars are selling.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Based on that comment, I would assume that you are a Ford employee or shareholder.
I wish I worked for Ford, that would be fun. I love cars and would love to be
an operations manager. But, I'm just a Ford owner and I know the Focus
will be #1 soon. Who doesn't like a winner?

Why would you not consider the Corolla in this category?
I believe I stated my reason.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I wish I worked for Ford, that would be fun. I love cars and would love to be
an operations manager. But, I'm just a Ford owner and I know the Focus
will be #1 soon. Who doesn't like a winner?

I believe I stated my reason.
30 year old design? Doesn't matter does it when it just works? It's certainly not the best in the segment anymore and clearly not the best selling either, but when it comes down to it when people don't want to do research, they typically go buy a Corolla. It's just a car that's proven reliable and economical for countless years, gotta give it props for that.

Either way, we're still technically 5th cause if the Corolla is ahead of us and it's such an outdated car there's no reason it should be so much higher should it?!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doesn't matter does it
Just like FOX, CNN, interpreting numbers and coming up with an opinion is
more art than science. Everybody has some bias these days.

I say #3. You can say what ever you want too also. It doesn't matter.[loveff]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Owned again by Chevy Cruze.

I hope we get some production increases soon. I hate 3rd place.
Yeah, they still have production back-ups. I dropped my car off last week for the remote start install and picked it up last Saturday afternoon. While I was waiting for them to pull it around front, I was talking with the salesguy that sold me my car and I asked if things were getting any better on supply. He said they (Ford) still were way behind. The dealership still hasn't received any inventory orders, only custom orders. They still had only an SE sedan manual and an SEL hatch automatic, both of which I test-drove back in June, as their only two lot cars and will not sell them because they are using them specifically for test-drive cars. He said Ford told the dealership it is going to be AT LEAST another eight weeks before they can start sending some of the cars they have on order as cars for general lot inventory.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Just like FOX, CNN, interpreting numbers and coming up with an opinion is
more art than science. Everybody has some bias these days.

I say #3. You can say what ever you want too also. It doesn't matter.[loveff]
Politics and care sales are two entirely different things my friend. What broadcasters adding bias to news has to do with how well cars sell per month I don't know. My point was you posted that we were slipping away and the AUGUST sales report, so this thread became a sales per month affair not a YTD affair, and we're in 5th place for sales.

I don't care either as I love my car and wouldn't trade it for any of the competition, just goes to show you though what people will assume without knowing the facts. Not talking you or me, talking about the people making these reports... had they checked with Ford they would know that the Focus is a hot seller and if not for production shortages would be much higher on that list.

·
Registered
109 Posts
As much as I want Focus to be at top, I kinda like it that not a lot of people buy the focus. Makes me feel that my car is "unique" coz not a lot have it. I'm living in a town where there's a Focus population of 8 including mine :p
I agree...I kind of like the fact that my car is still somewhat unique, especially being the Titanium hatch. Most of what I've seen are the SE sedans...in fact, I haven't noticed another Titanium model on the road yet. The dealers in my area seem to be ordering only the SE and SEL models.

Regardless, I expect that eventually the new Focus will be everywhere, and I'm glad if they displace Civics, Corollas, etc., since the Focus is a much more attractive car to see on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts