Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i was on my way to a friends house to go tailgating and go to the bears game and right as i got there i got out of my car and locked the doors and poped the trunk and put my keys in my back pack in the trunk , someone called my name and i turned around to see who it was and as i did the wind blew my trunk shut. oh sh-t!!!!! my keys and everything else was in there, so no big deal . i called a cop to come over and slim jim my car and needless to say he said he has had atleast 20 focuses with the keys in them and he was never able to get them out. at that point i was thinking thats cool as hell , nobody can slim jim my door, but then i thought so how the hell do i get my keys. AAA came out and got it open with there method of pfying the door open with air and sticking a pole ing and grabing the door handle. allgood now . so has anybody ever had there door slimjimed? and tell your storie.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
never had the focus slim jimmed tried it once on a lockout but wasent able to gain access got the big e out and air pump got the door cracked a little bent the rod to the desired needs and hit the unlock button. a slimjim is mainly used to open cars that dont have power windows were the other tecneak will not work

Reactions: CalBel

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
the way the focus lock system is, its near impossible to slim jim it, i cant remember how but i remember seeing a thread about this years ago, and its all in the design of the system.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I locked both sets of keys in mine the first night I had it. I ended up prying the window out a little bit and using a long stick to hit the unlock button. And it was running at the time.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
the way the focus lock system is, its near impossible to slim jim it, i cant remember how but i remember seeing a thread about this years ago, and its all in the design of the system.
becuase it is a calbe system, not a rod system

also why doing door actuators are very difficult on the focus

the ONLY way i have seen is by prying the door open and pressing the unlock button, or tapping the lock to the unlock position

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
have you guys ever heard that let say you have two remote unlock buttons and you lock one set in your car by accident and say the other one is at home.
that if you call your home and hopefully somebody is there, and have whomever is home press the unlock button into the phone the radio frequency will travel through the phone to you, and unlock your car....

i mean at first it sounds kinda far fetched but on the other hand i could kinda see it happening, i have yet to test it, but i really want to

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what

have you guys ever heard that let say you have two remote unlock buttons and you lock one set in your car by accident and say the other one is at home.
that if you call your home and hopefully somebody is there, and have whomever is home press the unlock button into the phone the radio frequency will travel through the phone to you, and unlock your car....

i mean at first it sounds kinda far fetched but on the other hand i could kinda see it happening, i have yet to test it, but i really want to
thats fu-king crazy, holy sh-t. im going to give i try when i get home tonight . [headbang]

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts

i think you would have better luck with this!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I have twice

First, my girlfriends neighbor did it for me, i locked the keys in the car b4 we went to a dance.

Second, AAA had to come

Both times took FOREVER, good thing the doors are hard to break into!

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
AAA came out and got it open with there method of pfying the door open with air and sticking a pole ing and grabing the door handle.

That's how the locksmith got my door open too. This happened the first day I had my Focus. I only got one key and one fob when I bought the car. I started the car, and then realized that I forgot someting inside mt apartment. So I got out, leaving the car running, and locked it. I had my fob wih me, but didn't know that it won't unlock the door while the car is running! (It's stupid that Ford set it up that way!) So I called Ford Roadside Assistance, and they sent a locksmith.

That afternoon, I was reading my owner's manual and found out that I was supposed to get two keys and two fobs with the car. I went back to the dealership and asked where my other key and fob was. They went to get it, but could not find it. So they cut me a new key and gave me another fob, no charge. The next day, they called and said they found my key and fob. So now I have three keys and three fobs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought cars manufacturers have been putting plastic shrouds around the locking mechanism inside the doors. This way the slimjim has nothing to hook up against. Same deal with the focus? I locked my keys in once and AAA was using some crazy tools I'd never seen before.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I've had my doors apart (06 SES). The reason you cannot use a slim-jim.... there's a plastic security cover that runs from the key assy, all the way down to the actuator. The linkage is completely enclosed.....a slim-jim might be able to touch the cover, but that's about it.

Bending the door out, and hitting the unlock button or pulling the inside handle with a rod of some sort is your only hope.

Hide an extra key somewhere outside the car.....A cheap key without the chip will get you inside.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
pop-a-lock royally f'ed my dad's focus up when the keys got locked in the car. scratched the shitout of the glass and pretty much destroyed everything inside the door and to top it off got "the swan" (the name of the thing being used to unlock it) stuck in the door. The car got towed to the dealership and pop-a-lock got to pay to fix everything lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hmm if my car is running and the door is locked the remote entry doesn't unlock the doors.. or lock them for that matter.. have to use a key

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
We have each the remote opener on the key set and each an additionnal remote with starter & alarm with the house keys that we carry separatly. This way no one's never stuck.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
even better, I know its old school, but it works, get an all steel key made, it will still open the doors but not start the car, then.... zip tie it to the car in a VERY out of the way spot.

And yes, modern cars are getting very hard to "slim jim". Most cars from the 70's and 80's. I'm in the car in under 20 seconds. That has changed...Remeber, the thing still has glass windows if someone REALLY wants in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts