Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have to do it?

since my old t3 super 60 is shot, I was thinking of just upgrading to a t3/t4 50 trim...but it looks like it's going to come dangerously close to my fans......

anybody have any insight on this?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Several people have done it. The Xios Kit requires this to be done, along with the topspeed kit.

I believe Tim has done it too, on his sedan.

If I remember right tom said NO aftermarket fan flows as well as our stock fans do.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Several people have done it. The Xios Kit requires this to be done, along with the topspeed kit.

I believe Tim has done it too, on his sedan.

If I remember right tom said NO aftermarket fan flows as well as our stock fans do.
He Did say that but he also said they flow "4500-5500cfm" but he has absolutely zero information to back his claim. The one thing the stock fans have going for them is the shrouding! if you think about it like that they are better because they pull air off of the entire surface area of the radiator not just the circles of the fan. Judging by blade pitch, count and estimated rpm I would say the stock fans flow at the very most 2500cfm, however they are effective, again because of the shrouding.

Dual 10" slim fans will cool your car just fine, even better if you get shrouded fans.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Dual 10" slim fans will cool your car just fine, even better if you get shrouded fans.[/QUOTE]

No dual 10in will not cool your car. i had to 10in and ended up switching to two 12in my car would stay at 190degrees with two 10s and if i turned on the AC it would go too 240degrees if i let it. which only happend once

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
If at all possible keep your stock fans , the stock fans flow about 2500 each side give or take a couple hundred CFM but far far more then 2500 total , Ford has a history of high flowing fans on there cars and the Focus in no diff,

Tom

·
Banned
47 Posts
5000cfm is well ALOT, Tom i would really like to know where you get that figure from.

I do agree, if at all possible you should keep your stock fans, one less thing to take off and to buy. but there is no point to change your whole set up so you can fit a bigger turbo and keep your fans.

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
How about building a set up to keep the stock fans , Hay there is a thought ! He is talking about going back to a T3 S60 STGIII and keeping it the way it is with the stock fans

Tom

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am talking about doing another t3 super60 stage 3 wheel...just a matter of money...I can get my hand on a few t3/t4 turbos for real cheap, which is why I was thinking of going that route

1 - 12 of 12 Posts