Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens while I'm cruising along or under light acceleration. It has happened 4 times in the last 3 days. The hesitation is enough that I can feel it and so does my passenger. Any ideas?

I have a Predator, so can I use that to see if there are any codes? Also, can I drive around with the Predator plugged in to see if it picks anything up when the hesitation does occur?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually a misfire. I bought new plugs and wires to see if that corrects it. If it doesn't, then it's the coil.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Check the fuel filter. My dad's car had a mis under heavy acceleration, which I figured it had to be electrical. Replaced everything and it was still there. Changed the fuel filter for shits and giggles and it fixed it. It's only like $5 if you haven't changed it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yeah that's exactly what my dads was. It pulled good about 3/4 of the time and then would feel like I slammed the brakes for a sec then go good again. That's why I figured it had to be ignition, but it was the fuel filter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that's exactly what my dads was. It pulled good about 3/4 of the time and then would feel like I slammed the brakes for a sec then go good again. That's why I figured it had to be ignition, but it was the fuel filter.
That's exactly what happens to me, and it only happens once or maybe twice on my commute every day. Maybe I'll try the fuel filter first, and if that fixes it then I can takes back the Iridium plugs and the leads that I bought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts