Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi FF!

I noticed there is a small creaking noise coming from my front tires when I make turns (doesn't matter if I turn right or left) and I only noticed it after I had the radio off.

I Googled around and some say it's likely the sway bar links. I have a 2012 Ford focus SEL with approx. 123,000 kms and I've pushed my car up and down and I don't think it's the struts.

If I get a set of sway bar links does anyone know the torque specs for them?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
340 Posts
It sounds like bushings of some kind. I've heard some people complain of the control arm bushings and sway bar mount, not end link bushings. My 2012 has 159k miles(over double yours) on it and I have no creaking from anything with what as far as I can tell is the original suspension but there were different batches of parts and different people put them on at the factory so who knows.
I'd do the new front sway bar mounts first and maybe the end links if you think they look worn. A bit of silicone grease will keep them noise free.
Unfortunately, I don't know the torque settings. This has been discussed on this thread though: (10) Suspension Torque Settings | Focus Fanatics Forum
A few posts give you places to look and get the info. The link for the free manual doesn't work however.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi FF!

I noticed there is a small creaking noise coming from my front tires when I make turns (doesn't matter if I turn right or left) and I only noticed it after I had the radio off.

I Googled around and some say it's likely the sway bar links. I have a 2012 Ford focus SEL with approx. 123,000 kms and I've pushed my car up and down and I don't think it's the struts.

If I get a set of sway bar links does anyone know the torque specs for them?

Thank you in advance!
I've had a creak on the left side in certain turns and bumps or inclines for almost forever (bought 60k, 130k now). It has persisted through 2 changes of end links, as well as struts. My experience is that end links are more prone to rattle than creak. I've suspected it was control arm bushings. It never got bad enough that I worried about it, but it is getting worse.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So no noticeable drivability issues and nothing to be concerned of for now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts