Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be in interior or not, since it does involve car audio :)

Anywyas, i was just wondering if anyone else had the problem of thier sub box sliding from side to side or front to back, when taking corners, going up hills, things like that.

If so, how did you go about stopping it?

I'm in the process of using 1/2" mdf to make my own split trunk board,m so i i can just use an L-Bracket and hold the box down, but until then, how can i stop the sliding?

·
Registered
316 Posts
get that shit secured....if you end up in a wreck you dont wanna be killed by a flying sub box...boxes should always be securely fastened..L brackets work good.. so does just bolting it to the floor and sealing around the bolts..

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah or you can just get some bigger and heavier subs and a bigger box....I have a 3 hole box with 3 12" subs in it and I couldnt move it if I tryed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my box and subs is actually pretty heavy. and the box it self doesnt move, just the factory pos spare tire cover does. hehe. but i've got an idea for tempory solution, until i can get the board built.

one of the cons i was thinking about though. if i have everythign in and secured down, and i need my spare tire. heh...then im sorta SoL unless i keep a tool kit in the car with me at all times.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I dont really see the carpet over my spare tire...i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt there. I have amps right behind the subs mounted to a board....I hope I never have to change my tire because I would be pissed if I had to rip out all my audio stuff for a stupid tire

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
nectro said:
Yeah I dont really see the carpet over my spare tire...i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt there. I have amps right behind the subs mounted to a board....I hope I never have to change my tire because I would be pissed if I had to rip out all my audio stuff for a stupid tire
Snip a wire here, toss an amp there... or just call for a tow. [thumb]

·
Registered
19 Posts
my box wouldnt really move all that much...it is tight against the wheelwells so it would not go into the back seat. I will take some pics when I get a chance but it is a huge box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts