Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have alwas wnated a forced induction machine... and my buddy picked up a zx3 really cheep with a salvage title... so i am thinking about doing the same...only adding some kind of forced induction.... probally turbo because of the cost to horse power ratio.... i would really like to find a salvaged SVT, but it will probally end up being your run of the mill focus.... so is there anyhting i should look for if i cant find a SVT... like which ones adapt to turbos easier...?

and will a turb effect the reliabilty... it will probally be my daily driver.....

and from reading a few posts on here and seeing some dyno sheets and prices... i am pretty confident i can get 240+HP plus the price of the car for around/under $9000... does that sound about right?

Thanks guys, and great site.... tons of info

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
You will need to find on with a zetec in it. Shouldn't be hard to do at all. The spi's and duratecs are limited. I know there aren't any F/I applications for the duratec yet. Not sure about the spi.

·
Registered
206 Posts
SPI's can be turbo'd just fine... You can get a lot of parts from the old escot gt turbo's.... ZETEC's are just more fun....

·
Registered
615 Posts
wow and u want a focus? u better do some read b4 u get into this.

if u want to save money w\ a sleeper look (sorry guys) but u cant beat a honda on prices w\ there turbo kits on ebay, like $1100 i saw a couple times. i know i cant believe i said that. but u dont get the style of the focus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well i thought about doing the honda thing, and truthfully i would prefure a honda because i already and fimiliar with what works and what doesnts and all the engine and chassie codes... ( i used to have a civic sedan) ... i would actually like to find an EG or EK hatch and put a bunch of JDM parts on it.... but i cant really find one of thoes either...

for some reason i like the focus, and ii like Ford so thats why i picked a focus....

everyond mods Hondas its almost hard to find an unmolested honda these days.... it seams like not many people do anything with the focus aside from a big fart can and wheels....

i am looking to spend under 2500 for the car... i am hoping to find a wreck whatever....

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Focus on Power said:
it seams like not many people do anything with the focus aside from a big fart can and wheels....

You haven't see the right Focus yet, there's a Get 2 gether in Columbus a week from this Sunday. A guy called Kestrel is putting it together. There gonna be several Foci there, if things go right I'll have my beast there as well[thumb]

·
Registered
342 Posts
If your realy wanting somthing interesting to build up look for a ZX3 with a damadged or high milage motor&transmision. Once you've found them do a V8 swap. I'f I was starting from scratch that's what I'd do. A mild 302 or 351 will give you 250-300 hp wich is about what you would have for a pretty wild setup on a 4cyl with a turbo. Then if you sacrificed a little of the sleeper look for a custom hood you may even have room for a supercharger or maybee even turbo there.... I think thats a little drastic but isn't that what this is all about.

·
Registered
703 Posts
mountandriver said:
If your realy wanting somthing interesting to build up look for a ZX3 with a damadged or high milage motor&transmision. Once you've found them do a V8 swap. I'f I was starting from scratch that's what I'd do. A mild 302 or 351 will give you 250-300 hp wich is about what you would have for a pretty wild setup on a 4cyl with a turbo. Then if you sacrificed a little of the sleeper look for a custom hood you may even have room for a supercharger or maybee even turbo there.... I think thats a little drastic but isn't that what this is all about.
You just took the words out of my mouth. I could not agree more with you.

This is my favorite post ever, officially, and i want to put that quote in my sig... lol

-Brian

.... i had to come and edit this cuz i forgot to mention: TWIN TURBO V8. well, thas my plan at least[thumb]

·
Registered
342 Posts
[rofl] That's a knee slapper Dazed.

I don't know about the twin though.......Ahh cut out the the unibody from the firewall and tube the frame goin for the BIG BOOST.

I'd like to take a ride in a twin turbo V8,the closest I've been was a mustang built motor and a paxton supercharger the owner claimed 600hp without the N2O and it sure put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a v8 in a focus... are you serious... would it be rear wheel drive? how do you do that....

more than likly thats way out of my budget.... i am just looking to go 12s with a daily driver is what i would really like....

and actually thanks to JSSVT04 i visited my old stomping grounds, honda-tech.com, and was looking around and saw some REALLY nice civic hatches... but no wrecked ones...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
You'll need more than 240 if you want to see 12's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts