Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran over a skunk this morning on my way to work and now the inside of my car smells like skunk. anyone know the best way to get rid of this smell??

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
drive as fast as legally possible with all the windows down. And make sure there's not 'guts' still stuck on your car. Go to a car wash that has the underbody was and you should be good. Also hope to god that he didn't spray before you hit it and it's scent is not in your air ducts [8]

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
LOL What he said mostly. Make sure the undercarriage and wheel wells are WELL WASHED--two or three times! If the inside still smells (i suspect most of the smell is fuming from outside)... leave the car windows open as much as possible. For a few days.. the heat of the sun may help.

If it's still inside, go to a pet supply store looking for something like "Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover." Such products made for pets are usually also made for fabrics and carpets.

As for if the smell is in your ducts (if you drive with the vent in the "open" position there may be some spray in there) you'll probably need professional help.

·
d u c k lover
0 Posts
i've always heard that tomato juice works good on getting rid of the smell on dogs who have been sprayed by a skunk..........but i guess if you washed the interior of your car with tomato, it will end up smelling like a plate of spaghetti!!![:)~]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
take it to a drive through car wash about 13 times and make sure to get the undercarriage washed....or maybe wash it with tomatoe sauce. (thats what you are supposed to use right?)

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
delglenn said:

If it's still inside, go to a pet supply store looking for something like "Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover." Such products made for pets are usually also made for fabrics and carpets.

i work at petsmart, so this would be a good opportunity to use my sweet 15% discount

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
bigjordan said:
i work at petsmart, so this would be a good opportunity to use my sweet 15% discount
Haha EXCELLENT! It says it's for carpets and fabrics as well as dogs! [thumb]

But do the outside of the car first! Hardcore undercarriage cleaning!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts