Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the skunk2 exhaust piece on autopartswarehouse.com
because i need a decently priced exhaust, and intake for around 600$.

ive gotta spend the money, but still have some left over for installation of the exhaust system, because i have no idea how to do it.

i was looking at the K&N Short ram intake, or the Skunk2, or (more expensive) Cosworth for exhaust..any thoughts?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
This is just my opinion here so don't feel like you're getting ragged on. I wouldn't suggest getting the Skunk 2 system without the silencer. From what I've heard is that they are damn loud as it is and just think of how it would sound with a fully upgraded exhaust system. You could easily find other exhaust systems for your car without spending a ton of cash with enough money left over for some minor interior/exterior mods. Check the how-to section at the top of the forums list. You'll find a very adequate walk through on installing an aftermarket exhaust system. With that said, if you own a set of hand tools and are familiar with them, you can pull the job off yourself in a couple of hours tops.

Same thing to say about the intakes that are out there. Just remember you get what you pay for so choose wisely.

Again, I'm not trying to tell you what to spend your money on, just do some research and ask around here. You're going to get the truth.

As a side note, I think that the Cossie systems are only for the Duratec equipped Foci. Someone will come in after me to clear up my confusion. Good luck!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cosworth are only for duratec's? hmm. i gotta double check that, ill let you know.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Double checked the site, and the cosworth makes exhaust for the Duratec and the zetec, so it'll fit, thanks though.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
go with something like the svt borla, quality pice with the extra resonator built in.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can i get an svt exhaust for my zetec zx3?

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah you can get a svt exhaust.....i'm not too sure on the length though, I don't know if you'll have to cut anything to make it fit onto a stock zetec flex, or if you can just bolt it right up...

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
go get the mbrp exhuast, for 239 shipped, i think shipping is included, its the best bang for the buck exhuast you can get(aftermarket)
and for your intake go to buy-sell-trade forums, you can pick a decent one for around 100-200 bucks, but it is used, but who cares, it gets dirty anyways

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
The only thing you would have to do to a stock SVT system is slot the flange so it will bolt up to the flexpipe. Sedans have to slot and and an extension piece to get the tip to clear the bumper.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh, thats a great help with the links, and ill check out the MBRP, klondike, ive never heard of the company tho...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mbrp looks great for the money, and i was looking at myfordperformance.com for intakes....Nopi and mac are cheaper, and i dont have alot of money to bend on it, anyone know any particulars about either of the brands' intakes?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Haha yeah no sorry I don't know about any of those two but you know one more link won't hurt.... just look for the Focus products... they have an inexpensive short shifter, short ram intake, and a front strut bar.... so yeah check this one out too.

www.aspecproducts.com

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Have you checked the exhausts systems from ebay, They have a system from Tsudo that is $169 and with shipping it ends up being like $235. It sounds good and it has 2.5 inch piping with all the way through. I have a sound clip with it installed and my intake on if your interested. dont think its not quality cus its from ebay because i havent had any complaints about this system. just a thought.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey yeah ebay works too.....lol. Good call

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i actually checked out the Ebay one

the tsudo n1 catback, right?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea thats the one. I love it. cant wait till i get my headers and flexpipe on to see it gets louder

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha, you cant really say that Drag, i mean, if anything, we're imitating THEM.

they started the Sport compact 4 banger scene.

american is known for its muscle..and the focus is far from a muscle car!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts