Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't come up with anything is anybody running skunk springs and like them. I know a few local who have them and like them. Now the second question. I have a ZX3 with the steeda ultra lite II. Is anybody running a 215 45 17 with a 2 inch drop and how much rubbing can I expect. I want to drop my car as low as I can but don't want to rub on everything under it.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
it depends on the off set of the wheel i have a 42mm os and i had to have a 205/45 or i would rub like crazy

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know steeda's rims are on there cars with the 2 inch drop steeda springs but they use 215 40 17 so I know there is a diffence but by how much. My car has stock springs and shocks it rubs a little when I hit bumps but I know my 2000 parts are old and need replaced. If I got beter springs and shocks it shouldn't be real bad just wondering. My car's suspension is fully compressing on little bumps and dips in the road so I think that is why I rub and then it is only on bad bumps in the middle of turns

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I have 245/45/17 ona 1.8" drop spring. I have around 2" drop in the rear....anywho. I only rub on large dips and/or when I have passengers.

I am still riding stock dampers, soon to be replaced with kyb agx's...but since I ride solo most of the time...I'm not in a hurry to order.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts