Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone else that has Sirius Radio has issues with losing signal intermittently even out in a open area? If I go under the over hang of a tree it loses reception. In a different car with XM I never had any of these issues and don't know if it is the radio or Sirius service. I know they merged so I don't know if they are using the same satellites for both now.

Montana

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to Sirius-land! I was a die-hard XMer from the beginning, and I have noticed the same things. I know originally that XM’s radio technology was WAY ahead of Sirius, and the reception was noticeably better by many web review sites. I have no idea how they have integrated the two techs, but it seems they have thrown out many of the XM concepts.

I can’t answer your original question, because of all the variables in the equation, but I can lament and let you know you’re not alone.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've lost reception in dense building areas before but mostly just underpasses and going into my garage.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes I have had the same problem, and it's not the service. It's the antenna system on the Focus. I had a 2010 Fusion that hardly ever cut out, even under trees.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, At least I am not imagining this.

csvt2060, Do you know of any replacement antenna that will improve this situation?

Montana

1 - 7 of 7 Posts