Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have an 08 Focus without Sync. I have a sirius button that says "NO SAT RADIO" what do I need in order to get sat radio in the car? I do not have a reciever with the ESN number. I found a complete kit online for 200 but it comes with an IPOD/Aux input with it, my car already has an aux input . SO I ask again what ALL do I need in order to get Sirius in my car? [???:)]

Thanks ALL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll be doing the install this weekend and let you know. I have a 2008 WITH Sync, but the same problem - I have a SIRIUS button but "NO SAT RADIO" when pressed.

From what I've researched, you have three options (I went with option A):

A. Buy the following: iSimple ISFD11 Satellite Radio Kit with Auxiliary Input, SIRIUS SCC1 Connect Universal Tuner, and (Might not need this - more on this below) PAC PXAMG/PXAUX Vehicle Specific Harness for Ford Lincoln Mercury - PAC PGHFD1A (~180 from amazon for all parts)

B. Find the appropriate SDARS (Satellite Digital Audio Receiver System) and satellite radio antenna cable (Ford Part No. W710771-S) (~395 from what i've found online)

C. Ask your dealer to do it (They'll go with option B and charge you ~$550 for it)

All of the above options will give you control of SIRIUS using the button on your stock head unit - it will behave just like a factory installed unit.

Once I'm done the install tomorrow I'll report back how it went. If I remember to charge up my camera and take pics, I'll post those here too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm happy to report back that the install went great.

Some things to note:
I was led to believe that I needed to buy the PAC PGHFD1A wire harness (~$8) to retain the use of the LCD display. It turns out that this was included in the iSimple ISFD11. While everything I found online showed that this was "Sold separately", turns out that wasn't the case. I submitted it for RMA at amazon. Even if I couldn't get a refund on it, i'm not going to sweat 8 dollars.

OK. On to the install notes.

First off, I would highly recommend Twinkeethekid's post on how to remove the factory radio. I followed everything word for word and it worked perfectly. His post can be found here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147694

When hooking up the modules, be sure to follow the directions when it states that you must have the SCC1 sirius tuner connected to the iSimple module before hooking it up to your car. I missed this step and simply wired it up in whatever order was convenient for me. This resulted in the satellite radio working but not displaying any info. It simply stated "Acquiring text" or something of the sort. Unplugging the modules, waiting 1 min, and plugging them back in solved this.

As far as where to mount the modules:

I mounted them both inside the passenger side dash behind the APIM (the black box behind the passenger side trim piece. It required some awkward reaching (from the glove box reaching up) to mount them properly, but it worked out. I mounted them with outdoor 3M mounting tape (rated at something like 6lbs/sq in, as opposed to the normal 3M mounting tape that's rated at 2lbs/sq in - the regular stuff kept dropping the modules).

For the antenna:

I mounted the antenna on the trunk lid. I'd like to get a look at someone's antenna with factory satellite radio installed to see what the antenna looks like. I removed mine (removing the headliner to get at it is a royal b[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*, so please take my word for it) and disassembled it. It has no satellite antenna inside it, but perhaps room for one to be added. The standard SIRIUS antenna that comes with the SCC1 does not fit in the housing.

From there it was simply routing the antenna cable carefully behind trim pieces, down the passenger door sills and up into the glove box area.

Sorry I couldn't post pictures - I had a last minute change of plans where I did the install, and had no camera available. I know this post is lengthy, but I hope I covered what you need.

Thanks,
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts