• No

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been wanting to get a Sirius radio for my car, but i would like to know if its worth it or not, so if you have any good or bad comments about them start listing them, it would really help in making my decision whether or not to get one. thanks.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i've got one in my car/house/wherever (boombox) i love it. i've had it for over 2 years now and the only complaint that i've had is one of my car kits went bad on me. . .. other than that it's the best $13 a month that i spend.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Have had it for about 4 months and it is great. I had XM in my other vehicles
and never was fully satified. Sirius is the way to go!!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have one and i really like it. Wouldn't give it up for anything. Plenty of choices from great commercial free music, tons of news and talk radio and best of all Howard stern ;) He sure sucks on TV, but is friggen funny on the radio.

Right now i have a lame ass fm modulated tuner.. I'm waiting to install the Sirius add on for my pioneer cd player. If i had to do it over again i would have skipped the lame ass FM modulated thing and went straight to a deck with sirius controls.. it just seems better to have sirius control built into the CD player.. rather than having an addition thing to deal with.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
i think it's a waste of money, most of the time they play garbage i don't want to hear anyway. give me my mp3 cd player anyday

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I went with Sirius because the SQ is slightly better, and they have a ton of Rock stations. I don't think it's a big deal wether you go XM or Sirius. But Sat radio is way way better than the frackin' FM radio!!!!

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
faulkton said:
you have sirius?

What kind of music do you like that they dont play?
i knew somebody who had it, i listen to a lot of stuff. look under the "music" thread. every rock station they turned on played the same nu-metal and rock crap they play on the local stations

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i think it's a waste of money, most of the time they play garbage i don't want to hear anyway. give me my mp3 cd player anyday
Crazy. I listen to really obscure music and XM has been pretty damn good.

You must listen to nothing but jpop

i knew somebody who had it, i listen to a lot of stuff. look under the "music" thread. every rock station they turned on played the same nu-metal and rock crap they play on the local stations

On second thought, thats the problem.
Sirius metal stations suck ass.

XM Liquid Metal, is where its at.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like sirius, however I'm not a fan of after-market decks. I don't want to go back to my stock unit, but I hate the way my cd-player looks. It's a double edge sword. I like my sirius, but hate the look of an aftermarket unit. But yes, sirius and xm are both worth the money in my opinion.

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
Yes. Sirius with the aftermarket deck is the way to go. I have one for my Alpine and I love it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
highly recommend Sirius
picked up the stiletto 100 - installed it with the pro kit and hid it in the in dash cd holder next to the steering wheel so its out of sight

·
Hiyadoin'
1,640 Posts
Just go back from a small road trip in my mom's car and she has XM... nice reception, nice commercial free tunes, nice choice of news stations.

I still like my ipod better though, plus there's no local traffic report on XM.

so my answer is yes.... and no.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have Sirius and love it, I shudder at whenever I have to listen to peasent radio now lol.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have sirius. The FM transmitter that is built into the stratus I have works well. There's always something to listen to - so it works for me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
problem with MP3's is the music your listening to you have already heard, since of course you have the MP3, the sat. radio opens your eyes to new/different music, ex. how many times can you listen to the same doors song...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Get it! I have XM and I love it! Good reception at any location. Sound quality is almost like on CD. No commercials! Tons of stations.
ALso if you do get it, you might want to paint your antena before you put it on the car. It looks 100 times better when color matched to the car.
(XM has local traffic. its ch. 210-220)

·
Registered
197 Posts
yes sirius has slightly better sound quality but in my opinion it comes down to whether you like Howard or O&A, or which sports you want on it too. each one carries different sports. I got xm cause of O&A, baseball and hockey. and like every subscriber I go insane when i'm in a car with out satellite radio. once you go satellite you'll never go back to terrestrial radio ever again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts