Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had an issue with my sirius tuner, that seems separate from any MFT issues. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen.
I was listening to a channel (feel free to think up the most embarrassing channel one might listen to if it will give you a chuckle) when a song alert popped up. When I tried to tune to the new station, it wouldn't go. The song alert tune to button didn't work, the preset button didn't work, the direct tuning didn't work, the voice command didn't work, the sterring wheel up/dn and head unit up/dn didn't work. It was just stuck on the original channel. Other sources worked fine.
I tried a "do not try this in your car" rolling shut off the car and open the door in neutral while driving down the highway to force the system to turn off and on. It came right back up and was still stuck. Tried it again, and still no joy. Finished the next 30mins of my commute stuck on the same station. Other sources did work, but I left it on SIRIUS.
Got home and shut off the car and got out and had dinner. About an hour later, came back out and it was still stuck.
Did a master reset on MFT. Still stuck!
Cursed MFT and went to bed.
The next day took it out to lunch and showed someone else. It was still stuck on that channel. We ate lunch and got back in the car 30 mins later, and you guessed it, NOT stuck..wait, what?
I assume it did one of its scheduled maintenance reboots while at lunch, but I will never know, its just fixed now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you want to fix it quicker the next time try pulling fuse 67 and 79 under the passenger dash. You will loose your phone pairing and have to re-pair but that usually clears up a lot of anomalies with the system. The issue I had with sirius is that it wouldn't allow me to browse or use voice commands on certain stations. To be honest that problem didn't show up until I did a master reset to attempt to fix another problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts