Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 focus and i got the M-18000-ZX3B struts off e-bay and the M-5560-ZX3B springs from massive.

Ive already blown the driver front strut oil has leaked out all over the shock and wheel assembly plus its bouncing all over the place.

Since its only been 4K miles i dont see the need to replace em both, can i just get the 1 strut raw?

This was the side we did first and i think we screwed up the shaft trying to hold it when tightning the nut, the pass side we used an impact gun and its still fine.

If i have to buy both front struts from the M-18000-ZX3B kit what would the part number be? I dont want to get the wrong thing and have the whole thing off balance using 2 different weight dampening.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have to exact same set up and love it. Not sure if you can buy them individually anymore, but I'm not positive. Interested to find out though

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to exact same set up and love it. Not sure if you can buy them individually anymore, but I'm not positive. Interested to find out though
Well im not sure what others have but mine is an 07 and since day 1 it has been about an inch or 2 high in the back. My first suspension mod was the stock STV rear springs and it was still a bit high so i cut a half a coil off and then it was a level ride.

Going to the FRPP kit it dropped the whole car an inch but the rear was back to being slightly higher again. IMO this puts more weight on the front but i dont think that caused my drivers strut to blow out.

I found some spring boosters which i put in the front and now the front sits the same as the rear but its to late now.

I guess ill just have to get a whole kit with the struts and rear shocks just for the 1 new strut [:(]

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strange, I've never had a problem like that with mine.
Mine is the 3 door, maybe the suspension is setup more for the 5 door and since mine is the 3 it doesnt have the same weight over the rear?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I don't think so, both the zx3/5 and zx4 were exactly the same, just different sheet metal on the body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts