Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause my car to knock (just once) when i accelerate from a stop. it doesnt do it all the time but sometimes it make a single thump sound, i cant feel this thump but i can hear it. motor mounts are good, ball joints are good, all my suspension and drive train seems to be fine. wtf is it? any one else had this happen?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
The bowling ball in the back?

Probably a ball joint, just because the boot isn't leaking doesn't mean it isn't bad. How did you test the motor mounts? The proper method is to have someone watch the motor's position, and then gun the car in gear with the E-brake on. Watch the movement of the motor. It's not as easy to do with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Could be the rear motor mount. They are known to cause a clunk when you shift hard. Several aftermarket suppliers make them. Check Newedgeperformance.com. He has picts. of them on his sight ( a sponsor here )
Or it could be a ball joint. Is it a click or a clunk??? LOL, seriously?

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thumpy clunk sound, and i checked my ball joints and everything to do with the suspension and steering today its all in very good condition and doesnt seem to have any play.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i went to the web site with the motor mounts, what would i need? right, left, and rear, or could i just get the bushings? ill probably need new motor mounts any way when i put my supercharger on but if i cant just replace the bushings its going to be expensive..........any one want to give me some money? lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
C.V. or possibly shocks, actually had this prob. on my 914, ended up being the shocks were so bad the car would bounce in the rear strut. but i would say the C.V.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm going to revive this old thread... Single knock when accelerating hard or... when clutching the car in reverse. I was thinking motor mount. Has anyone had this problem since 2006???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts