Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New here and wondering if anyone has done any similar exhaust build. I have been researching a lot of exhaust to buy ranging from 700$ to 1,000$. So far everything I found is ok and don't really sound bad but, I want to be different from the norm. Current plan is I would like to remove the lower valance on the rear bumper, and the black trip piece above it, then have a custom 3" piping done from cat-back. The muffler I would like to use is the 170MM shell HKS hi power universal that will be welding towards the end and tilted coming out the driver side rear like a "normal" exhaust exit. has anyone done this or something like it? will it just sound bad or look dumb? any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Hard to say on the sound part since it's never been done. Going to be hard to make it look good unless you do something to fill the void where the valence used to be. Honestly sticking with center exit it's probably your best bet.

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
You will need to find a new valance or bumper that has a single side cut out otherwise (imo) i dont think it would look right. If you want to change the look of the rear, try to find an aftermarket bumper you like and then design your exhaust around it. something like this would look fine:

http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/228398-my-16-tdci-zetec-s/

3" exhuasts have been done and dont sound bad, they can have a bit more drone (more so with catless dp)

Also, i merged your two threads. Please abstain from creating identical threads in more than one section, thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, sorry about cross post, didn't really know where this one would fit. definitely think I'm going to stick with center exit, as every look ive made at doing something different will either be ricey or a hack job, hard to make it look right. tried to be different lol. now I'm leaning toward AWE track or touring exhaust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not doing downpipe and tune for awhile as car is brand new still, its a 2017 and only has 3k miles on it so leaving it mostly stock until at least 20k miles. that way I gain a little more confidence in not needing the warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts