Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 with a single CD HU with column controls, and I am wondering if a 6 CD HU is a straight bolt in. Thanks in advance.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Why not go aftermarket and be able to use an MP3 of sorts + Bluetooth + CD + Touchscreen(optional) + better sounding, more power?

Depends what the 6 CD HU is from, another focus? Year shouldn't matter.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
Why not go aftermarket and be able to use an MP3 of sorts + Bluetooth + CD + Touchscreen(optional) + better sounding, more power?

Depends what the 6 CD HU is from, another focus? Year shouldn't matter.
This, I haven't played a CD in my cars in about 8 years now. Don't replace a turd with a turd, upgrade!

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I mostly play CD's because a well recorded CD has much better dynamics than MP3's.

There are great file formats but, they are seldom used.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing wrong with the current stereo is the CD player has died (and I like my CD's). I was planning to upgrade to a stereo with a USB and an Aux jack but don't want to lose the column controls. The only reason I'm thinking about the 6 disc unit is they're the same price (used). Are some aftermarket stereo's compatible with the column controls?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Yes you can buy an adapter and still have steering wheel controls. Go to crutchfield.com and see what they have. It's a little higher priced but it comes with everything you need, free shipping, and awesome customer service!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Earlier models didn't have column controls in general, so you'd need to find one that used those (my 6 disc doesn't for example).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts