Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to run my friend and would like to know what yall think the out come will be. He has i/h/e and hes a manual unlike me.. Mods are listed below.

Thanks!

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
I think the single cam v-tech was the 1.6l My old '92 civic had the 1.6l single cam v-tech which was a 125hp stock motor

·
Registered
196 Posts
they also have a D15B Vtec which is the equivalent to the D16Z6 Vtec. My friends was ok it ran a 15.7 and was a hatch with the D15B Vtec in it with i/h/e

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He wouldnt tell me. But I think its a 1.5

^^ Your friend ran a 15.7 with just i/h/e?!
Dang. I'll lose. haha.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes my car is an automatic. I've never ran a 1/4 or even 1/8th but if i had to guess id go with a 16.3 and 10.7? Both arent near what SVT_Focused posted his friend did.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Idk it may be a good run tho cause we did a pull on a closed course from a 40 roll and I rolled 3rd and still pulled a lot in my SVT. So it should be a good run for you guys I'd go from a roll though cause the civics are geared more for the 1/4. The roll would give you a little advantage[thumb]

·
Registered
755 Posts
What kind of civic are we talking about? CRX, HAtch, sedan. The weight will determine the winner I think. Youll beat a sedan, but I dont know about the other two.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's a hatch an EG body style hatch and I'm thinking SI based on the description on motor and car but if it does win it won't kill the focus.

Insane you should video the run for us to see.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AH! Yes now that you have mentioned it, it is a SI model hatch.

·
Registered
755 Posts
should have read the tittle again. me = not bright.
I think you will win. I just remembered my buddys auto cavalier (OHV engine) out ran a SI CRX with similar mods. I know the focus is faster than the cavy, so I imagine its faster than the hatch.
Good Luck either way!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol its cool. Idk, I think it will be a iffy race. On most of his 1/8th mile vids he runs about a 12 sec 1/8th which is slowwww, But 1/8th mile races arent for hondas. I guess a 20 roll would be good for me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I thought so. ha It shold be fun let us know how it goes.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well this isnt a deffinit race yet. I told him that I wanted to run him and this is the response I got back

"are u f#$%n serious dude??? u have a automatic ford focus"

Lol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
ha i think you can do a good 40 roll from 2nd in your automatic. You should tell him he drives a grocery getter too so whats his point

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha nah. I dont talk crap because its always soooooo sweet when you beat a big mouth. I'll probably beat him in my 3rd gear. Thats where I always start to pull on cars for some reason.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I wanna race him!!! :)

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha. I'm sure. As of right now it sounds like he will only race if he sprays I dont want him to because then it wouldnt be a race. He has a 75 shot..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts