Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
auditman said:
ad a cai to start with then d exhaust
Exactly!

CIA and Exhaust. These engines want to breath so let them and they will let you go faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU GUYS ,,AUDITMAN ,N2O,I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET,NEED TO KNOW FROM BASIC UP,MY UNDERSTANDIN OF VEHICLE ENGINE IS VERY LIMITED.

·
Registered
440 Posts
before you tune you need to get a tune to have the car shift smoother or your going to blow your tranny out in like no time. the auto isnt made to mod real well. but if you get the sct flasher you can have them have the tranny shift smoother and handle the more power you add

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
2nd_to_none said:
before you tune you need to get a tune to have the car shift smoother or your going to blow your tranny out in like no time. the auto isnt made to mod real well. but if you get the sct flasher you can have them have the tranny shift smoother and handle the more power you add
Thats not a true statement, some of the fastest Foci are auto...but you are correct about needed it tweaked. The auto is made to drive smooth and gas friendly from the factory. If you want high rpm, hard/quick shifts....it can be done with 65.00 and a call to Wayne, TurboTom, and some others.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
eazyrider_tim said:
Thats not a true statement, some of the fastest Foci are auto...but you are correct about needed it tweaked. The auto is made to drive smooth and gas friendly from the factory. If you want high rpm, hard/quick shifts....it can be done with 65.00 and a call to Wayne, TurboTom, and some others.
65 bucks for a tune, about 300-400ish for the sct2 flasher

·
Registered
299 Posts
do u need a sct2 flasher to get a tune or can u get a tune without a sct2 flasher?

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
hotdealz25 said:
do u need a sct2 flasher to get a tune or can u get a tune without a sct2 flasher?
You need the flasher to tune the vehicle. Once a flasher is connected to a vehicle, it downloads the car's stock tune and VIN information. The flasher can now only be used to tune that vehicle. In order to switch vehicles you must re-install the stock tune: Click me.

There are some stock tunes and stock adjustable parameters- like shift points- and you can also order custom tunes from your favorite tuner. The prices are different, so have some fun shopping around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts