Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this new device for my iPod to use while I am driving. It has a built in wireless FM transmitter, but it sucks and there is way too much static. It also has a wired FM transmitter, which involves me taking the antenna in cable and plugging it to a box, then plugged the cable they provided into my current antenna in slot on my radio. I can probably figure that out by myself for the most part. My question is, do I need to remove the whole bezel around the radio for me to get behind the radio, or will it come right off without having to remove half my interior?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
It'd probably be best to remove the bezel since your going to have to unscrew the antenna input, and while you might be able to get to it otherwise, why take chances? A friend of mine did this and then re-routed the input cables through his ash tray. If you've got an iPod Nano; you can put it in the ash tray and it'll still look factory with the additional benefit of being hidden. If you have the choice, go with the wired-solution. Its basically the same as the Ford Trip-tunes and will provide much better sound.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
All stereos come with "keys" so you don't have to remove the whole dash. If you don't have them go to a stereo shop and ask them to pull yours out for you. It takes about 5 seconds. The keys go into the side of the head unit and are supposed to latch on and you can pull the deck straight out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts