Focus Fanatics Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think you're misunderstanding where the power comes from. If this were a ISO 10487 head unit in the Focus, sure. But simply slapping that connector on a harness doesn't magically give it power.

This harness still have value, in that it keeps you from hacking up your factory harness. But it doesn't substitute for the XSVI interface or Maestro RR.

·
Registered
178 Posts
sorry I wasn't referring to the power wires. I was mainly referring to the speaker wires pin outs.

my hope is that the blue wire is the power antenna referred to in earlier posts for my 12 volt trigger. I plan to pull a power wire from the battery for the amp.

"Pin 2 in the big plug of the harness is "Power antenna" and what you want to use for a remote (blue) wire. It's marked if you look inside the socket and in the Parrot harness it's the orange/black wire." <-- from the OP. im fairly certian that A7 goes to pin 2.

if not i will just find another trigger for my amp

·
Registered
31 Posts
What do folks use to keep the crossover secure in the pocket in the front door? A couple said they stuffed it with foam. Seems like I'm having a hard time getting adhesives to adhere to the door liner foam material.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
in my 2004 Colorado pickup, I hard mounted it to the back of the door panels in a pocket by cutting ridges into the plastic (don't go all the way through, just enough to add texture), then JBWelded that bastard on. Worked like a champ. used some foam tape to dampen the wires from vibrating on the panel or door metal and good to go, probably overkill even.

I've also mounted inside the door by putting the crossover into quart freezer bags to protect from water, wire tie or tape the wires at the opening of the bag, and then mount to a crash bar or opening in the door sheet metal by whatever way available. Make sure the crossover and wiring do not interfere with window operation!

Wife's stereo's been in her Mustang for a while now, no issues seen, or expected with this setup.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So i started wiring this up and found that the blue "trigger wire" in the harness seems to be pin 3 . from what i read pin 3 is "starting/charging system" . is this just another 12 volt trigger? or should i rewire it to pin 2 "power antenna" or am i just miss reading the pins..

heres a photo im holding the wire that was pre tapped for what i assume a 12 volt trigger.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So i started wiring this up and found that the blue "trigger wire" in the harness seems to be pin 3 . from what i read pin 3 is "starting/charging system" . is this just another 12 volt trigger? or should i rewire it to pin 2 "power antenna" or am i just miss reading the pins..

heres a photo im holding the wire that was pre tapped for what i assume a 12 volt trigger.

well i answered my own question. The blue wire in the harness was not correct. had to tap into pin 2 for the remote to turn on.

All in all a fairly easy install. I was impressed with the sound damping through this car. its well built.

And people are right if the gain is anything more then min you cant turn it up past 5 without it blaring

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction. I have a Focus UK mk 3.5. I see this guide for the amp etc is for the 4inch screen.

I have sync 2 with the 8 inch screen can the amp also be mounted in the center console ?

Is their another thread somewhere for this model?

Thanks

John

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Hi

Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction. I have a Focus UK mk 3.5. I see this guide for the amp etc is for the 4inch screen.

I have sync 2 with the 8 inch screen can the amp also be mounted in the center console ?

Is their another thread somewhere for this model?

Thanks

John
You can put an amp wherever you want, but keep in mind where the source sound is coming from. If you have the 8" screen and Sony 10 speaker stereo, you will have to pull signal after the factory amp to maintain volume controls from the OEM headunit. Extending and hiding that harness will be more trouble than it's worth, imo. You will also want to run the output wires back to the back of the car to rejoin the factory wiring to the speakers, or be forced to run your own speaker wiring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would the harness allow, and/or does that amp fit in the MK3 "owner manual" slot in the glove box? Seems have access to it where you could adjust the gain, hp filter, etc and experiement with the settings without have to remove the dash or having the dash off all the time?

also, for those that have done the speaker upgrade and not the amp, is it still worth it? Broke and trying to upgrade by bit so I think the speakers would be first, then a sub, then the amp If I feel it's still lacking?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did the Polk DB651 in the front two then the rear two doors while planning on doing an amp as the next step. The speakers were quite an improvement but still not top dollar sound. But I dont have top dollar money so... After doing those I decided to not mess with an amp at all on the door speakers. I never crank it all the way up or hardly ever over half way. The volume controls are too course anyway, it would only get worse with an amp. But I am still going to go ahead with a small powered sub under the passenger seat if it will fit, which I think it will. I still have to measure everything. The door speakers still lack in the base department.

I found those speakers for about $62 per pair on Ebay. Im broke too so I understand where you are coming from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i've just installed the KTP-445A amp in my Focus MK3. here is a diagram of the wiring and the harness i used.

i.imgur.com/WJZTmIq

this is my own diagram/drawing, can't post links or images as new to this forum
i.imgur.com/9T1Zxp1.jpg

Ebay - ISO-SOT-984-w

281 - 293 of 293 Posts