Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at the Ford Racing springs Mike sent me, and I notice that one end of the spring has a tighter coil than the other end. So, which end is supposed to be at the top during install? The loose coil (80% of the spring) or the tight coil (20% of the spring).
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
front one have a smaller coil which rest on the camber plate if that makes any sense...the ford racing rear springs have the same coil circumference all the way around.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Tight side up. I had to ask the same question too. I also recomend getting the prothane isolators for the rear springs.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tight side up. I had to ask the same question too. I also recomend getting the prothane isolators for the rear springs.
Who sells them plz. (good idea btw! Long as I have them out)
Edit >> Huh? Prothane says there universal for Focus (00-06). Energy Suspension says there not (00-04)
Any guidance?
Thanks

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
I would say the rears would be the same but i would call CFM an Steeda. I have a full bushing kit thats why i dud mine right away.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CFM has the Prothane, but there is a little note at the bottom says they will not fit 06.
Steeda does not seem to have them at all. I did a google search and came up with nuthin. Guess they don't make them for my car yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts