Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what everybodys opinion of silicone hose kits? who has them ? worth it? should i just buy all oem ones? let me know

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
The silicone kits are molded to shape and size not generic cut off a roll lol. Samco kit is good. I would only get if you actually need to replace your factory hoses. If I had to get one I would get the black color cuz I think the colored ones can look a little overkill and tacky.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The silicone kits are molded to shape and size not generic cut off a roll lol. Samco kit is good. I would only get if you actually need to replace your factory hoses. If I had to get one I would get the black color cuz I think the colored ones can look a little overkill and tacky.
Sorry I misread OP post. I thought he was referring to the intake hoses. The 4 hoses between the upper and lower.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I have the SVT CFM kit, got em off ebay BRAND NEW for 100$, some chick broke up with with her man and was selling his shit.

it was a steal its a PITA changing em all out especially that one under the header about mid block....They look cool....they'll last forever.... well at least outlast the car..... Silicone hoses are more permeable than rubber.... I have to add like a cup of coolant every month to the overflow tank.

same thing on the bike where I have an SFS hose kit( I have to add some every now and then, so just be aware of this its not some gross leak or anything it just magically dissipates.

Samco also make a precut fitted intake hose which I also have on the SVT

cool video of how silicone hose is made

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info there a few that needs to be replaced but il just go with oem for the price

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lets see.
Custom molded and ribbed Ford OEM or generic cut off a roll silicone....uhm.
OEM is nothing special other than fitment. Silicone hoses have the potential to last way longer than even OEM. The silicone hose kits for our cars are application specific, not generic.....hence why they're so expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the SVT CFM kit, got em off ebay BRAND NEW for 100$, some chick broke up with with her man and was selling his shit.

it was a steal its a PITA changing em all out especially that one under the header about mid block....They look cool....they'll last forever.... well at least outlast the car..... Silicone hoses are more permeable than rubber.... I have to add like a cup of coolant every month to the overflow tank.

same thing on the bike where I have an SFS hose kit( I have to add some every now and then, so just be aware of this its not some gross leak or anything it just magically dissipates.

Samco also make a precut fitted intake hose which I also have on the SVT

cool video of how silicone hose is made

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm honestly curious where the coolant is going. Lol. It doesn't just disappear for no reason. There's always a scientific explanation.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm honestly curious where the coolant is going. Lol. It doesn't just disappear for no reason. There's always a scientific explanation.
silicone is more permeable...... evaporates... at least the water part of the 50/50 coolant,same thing happens on the bike.[thumb]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts