Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That big metal box thing near the rear of the car underneath that leads to the exhaust. .... It is just there for polution and to keep things quiet. How hard wuold it be to take out. And also lets say I wanted to drill thrue my catalytic converter to gain power. WOuld that be hard?

·
Registered
215 Posts
What exactly do you mean "DRILL" through my cat? Hollow it....with as much as a cat cost i'd just say get a high flow cat. Can u weld?

·
Registered
649 Posts
hmm, Focus with a straight pipe, no muffler... that'll sound fantastic. [thumbd] You really won't get any noticable power increase from drilling your cat, it'll just pollute more and sound louder (louder = more like shite if you have no muffler). I also wouldn't recommend removing the muffler altogether. Replace it with a different one if you want, or try removing resonators. Never know what the outcome will be though. Just running through a straight stock-diam. pipe is a recipe for rice. Have fun

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I wouldnt mess with the cat, i would get a highflow one.

·
Registered
950 Posts
how about no cat? but you probably have to pass emissions...i don't

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Its already been proven that gutting the cat will cause a LOSS in power, just go get a catback and save yourself time and aggrivation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts