Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so today when I got home from school I noticed that my front drivers side tire has a bulge in the sidewall.[:(!]

So I tell my dad and we head to sears which is where we got the tires. They said that they wont be able to even look at it until tomorrow and the manager is there. I deliver pizza with my focus and I asked the guy we were talking to if it was ok to drive (which I know it isn't) just to see what he would say.

He said "Yeah it should be no problem. It should be safe to drive" [bash]

I know how dangerous driving with a sidewall bulge is and how I could have a blowout. Just wanted to hear your guys' opinions because this made me quite aggrivated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes definitely not safe at all to drive he should be fired for even saying its alright.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
That's just a sign that your focus is growing up. ... Really though don't drive on it.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
if you drive it be safe and all... if it blows out he is liable for any damage.

not safe I wouldn't really recommend driving it like that all.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
I had a bulge in a set of kumho tires, ended up switching the front tire with the rear (less weight on the bulged tire).

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Just put the spare on, deliver some pizzas tonight and drop by the sears shop tomorrow when the boss is there.sounds pretty simple to me

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
im a Manager of a Ford Quick Lane Tire and Auto Store

DONT drive anywhere except back to the store to get that replaced. perhaps think about putting your spare on if you have one.

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
u shouldnt drive on a buldge, however i have one on my passenger front tire for atleast 2 months. driven a couple thousand miles on it, sister owned the car before me and god knows how long she had the buldge on it too.

and before the flame, yes i know u shouldnt drive on it, but im not buying a new set of tires for a car im selling. the owner can buy new tires, and yes they will know about the buldge in the tire too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts