Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to paint my mirrors and door handles and I need some help...

1) when i take off my mirrors, what do I have to do to paint the housenig? do i have to take the mirror itself out? or just tape around the inside of the houseing? (then the inside will still be black)

2) how do i do my door handles? take them off? if so how?
thanks
D

·
Registered
415 Posts
To help you out with ease of installation and removal....

1st- You may want to consider buying the mazda tribute door handles because you can get them paited and much cheaper than if you took your off and painted them(plus youd have alot of orange peel and the paint wouldnt stick for long sence its a high contact surface)

2nd- for the mirrors you can paint them but its not remoneded as bugs and stone chips will make easy work of them- You may want to consider SVT miorrors instead which you can have painted to color of your choice and are more resiliant to paint chipping fading because they where ment to be painted.

If oyu want to still paint your parts yourself the mirror backing pops off with a little screrw driver and some persuasion and the door handles are a lil bit of a diffrent story. I dont know how to do it but Im sure some one will chime in with hwo to do it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've called 3 dealerships looking for SVT door mirrors and the service departments have each given me some BS response.

like "oh well there is a tiny monkey in our computer system guarding the order number of that so I can't get that for you..." [confused]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
has there been anybody that has ordered the mazda tribute door handles? do they come color matched, if they have the right color code? typically how much do they cost and how difficult is it to install them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts