Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , New to the site and would like some advice, I have a focus 1.8 zetec 2004 and i am having problems with the side vents getting very little air blowing through them . i have changed the resistor and the heating control cables and still very little air , all the vents are clear of any debri . they used to work fine but i am stumped as to what could be the problem . The car heats up fine . Does any one know what could be the problem ?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat.

How about the center vents? All 4 should get air together in the "dash" position of the distributor knob.

Are the other positions of the knob normal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your reply , all the vents are working but very little air blowing through . I have checked the blower by connecting direct to battery and its working fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the blower motor lose power with age because at the moment it is working but very little air blowing through the dash board vents ?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Question on how it works in other settings is to separate blower issues from problems with the air directing mechanism (doors & their controls).

That reminds me - it tends to blow less if it's in recirc rather than fresh air position - whatever the vent selection.

·
Registered
321 Posts
There usually is a pollen filter integrated with the blower housing which can get blocked and restrict airflow. I usually change it every 2 / 3 years. Let me know if you need instructions how to do it. Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your in put, ive located and changed the pollen filter and my vents are working fine , once again thanks .

·
Registered
321 Posts
Glad to be of help. That filter is one service item that's almost always neglected, myself included. It's probably because it's out of sight and very awkward to remove.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts