Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

w/ my magic bag
Discussion Starter #1
Say I'm looking for a set of SVT side skirts= hard to find. So w/ that any ideas as far as a set of aftermarket set. Something similar to the svt ones & nothing that hangs down to far. I looked at Andy's autosport to get some idea's. Plastic or urathenane? What are the svt's? Any idea's or input? I'm looking for something smooth sided if possible= no vents or scoops

What do i put here?

w/ my magic bag
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at extreme dimensions, skirts= duraflex B-2 I don't like how its not level thru the front fenders. Pro DTM looks like it would be lower than my sap rear bumper= goes great w/ their bumpers. Poison skirts seem to peak out at the bottom a little to much for me, it goes great w/ the kit thou. still looking.

w/ my magic bag
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys think of Roush side skirts?

w/ my magic bag
Discussion Starter #9
wingswest rocker skirts

im in the same boat smh
All of us are in the same boat. Sounds like one of us should learn how to mold plastic or something and just make our own?
So what did you guy's decide on? ^^^^ I like the wingswest the best so far. What do you guys think? Roush are pretty spendy for me.

ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
You mean this one:

http://www.wingswest.com/catalog/Ford/Focus/2000-2004-Focus/Body-Kit-1361/Side-Skirts-1363/2000-2004-Ford-Focus-4Dr-W-Typ-Right-Side-Skirt.html

It's got a little vent, personaly I think the PRO-Dtm ones look better. The other 2 are the only ones that I have found without a vent.

Between WW and ED pro-dtm, I would go pro dtm.

I like the Xenon one too.

When it comes down to it, I would hold out for SVT's, if not and you want a vent, PRO-DTM. If you are serious about not having a vent, then Xenon.

w/ my magic bag
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'd go for urethane over the fiberglass conpositit syle. They are going to get scuffed up you know.

Registered
We would need the OEm's to make a mold from
Not true, I have been working with some foam that you can fiberglass over to make a mold out of at my work. I have been toying with the idea of making a set of side skirts on the CNC then have them urethaned.

w/ my magic bag
Discussion Starter #14
side skirts

Not true, I have been working with some foam that you can fiberglass over to make a mold out of at my work. I have been toying with the idea of making a set of side skirts on the CNC then have them urethaned.
Wow. ^^^^ Please keep us updated on your progress. How far down would you make them? To the pinch weld or further?

Registered
I am not 100% sure how far I will be going down, I was thinking of going a little further down past the pinch weld that way I can build a mounting tab off of the rockers. Was thinking of making a copy of a Regier setup or ?

ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
Dude you're so lucky to have a CNC machine to play with!!! A lot of people would buy those sideskirts from you, if you get them perfect! Good luck with that, you could stand to make a lot of money[headbang]

Registered
The toy's that I have access to at my shop makes most people jealous. So far I have a large chunk of foam that profiles the rockers perfectly. Now I just have to find time to get the profile / design I want.

I have not though about "producing" them to be honest, this is more like a fun project for me to do in my spare time lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts