Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to take off my side moldings and having them painted. I know that some of you have done this in the past. MY question is, how much did it cost you and what's the fastest way to go about doing this? What's your opinion on how it looks, good, bad, not really sure??
Lemme know.

~Tiffany

·
Registered
60 Posts
i had mine painted at a local shop, for my m3 mirrors; morette tails; and side mouldings I painted $60. I had the hook up but still you should be able to get something cheaper than $90 for just mouldings.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Actually it was $70 and they did a damn good job too.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, I watched the guy at the body shop take em off. He used some kind of special tool to get them off. It has double sided tape on it and there are little plugs too. You gotta be careful if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Honestly, be different and keep it clean. Have your moldings shaved off. Give it that sleek show look. If ya want pictures of a clean shave, let me know, I'll send pic's to ya.
*Erica / FocusOnThis - [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
When the moldings are removed, are there any holes left. I took the moldings off all of my trucks and my Camaro, they just had tape. But it is mentioned here that there are plugs. Do they leave holes. I like the look of no molding, but I would settle for painted ones.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Has anyone seen if ford sell SVT mouldings already painted? Thst might be a cool way for some people to go. Back in the day Ford used to sell body moulding already painted...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yeah, I just wish that they weren't so freakin cheap and paint the darn things at the factory.
Well, mine had holes, but I just called them plug holes. It would look good shaved but that's only if you could afford it. I remember one dude on here wanted to find out how much it would be just to get rid of the holes altogether and the body shop told him over $1000.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i got mine painted for 50 bucks including door moldings and the 4 lips on the bottom around the car ... oh yeah ! what a price

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
FocusOnThis said:
Honestly, be different and keep it clean. Have your moldings shaved off. Give it that sleek show look. If ya want pictures of a clean shave, let me know, I'll send pic's to ya.
*Erica / FocusOnThis - [email protected]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!send any pics you want to [email protected] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
Well, I watched the guy at the body shop take em off. He used some kind of special tool to get them off. It has double sided tape on it and there are little plugs too. You gotta be careful if you do it yourself.
After they were painted, did the moldings still have their texture like when they were black or are they nice and smooth enough to wax ?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
They are pretty smooth.
I really can't tell that the plastic was there anymore.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Cool...
I'll have to ask around my area to see what they charge to remove the moldings and paint them or maybe go to a junk yard to see if I can savage any....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts