Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna install some APC Road Vision Sport Mirrors on my focus. I have manual mirrors. I was wondering if anyone has installed them and how they attached the cable to them. I figure I have to take the mirror out of the new housing in order to attach the cable. They didn't come with any sort of instructions and I don't want to just start pulling on the mirror cause I will probably break it. I'd appreciate any info...

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are probably the kind of mirrors that you have to adjust the old fashion way by rolling down your window and moving the glass. I'm not aware of any manual mirrors on the Focus that use the internal adjustment "knob".

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but there is a hole on the new mirrors and it looks like that is where the cable goes. I think I have to get the mirror off the assembly to attach it, but I don't know how...

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
A left side mirror (glass) recently broke on our ZX3. It was cheaper to replace the whole unit than the glass...believe it or not! Anyway the cable, interior manual adjustor and mirror assembly are all one unit and cannot be separated. It comes out in one unit and goes in as one unit. Interior door panel has to be removed or popped back. Attachment screws are on the inside of the door. Its an easy job, just don't overly force the plastic pieces or you could break them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
thats good info, so i take it the apc doesnt come as a whole unit, with cable and knob on the inside?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts