Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the thing, I want to order either clear or smoked side markers off of ebay, but I would like someone elses opinion. I have a pitch black 01' Focus and I would like to know what you guys/girls think I should get.

Clear or Smoked?

·
Registered
149 Posts
i would say get smoked (if youre planning on possibly blacking out alot of the car) but then maybe clear if youre going to get something like chrome rims compared to blacked out ones. But me, personally i would get black and murder out the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i have black tail lights, and I'm gunna get black headlights soon, so it would make sense to get smoked side markers.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Get the black housing ones, not the smoked or clear.
I have some on mine and they are great.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
I would go with the smoked ones just just black out your stock ones...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would say if you are going for that black look, just tint the stock lenses...it'll be way cheaper

That's what I did btw and i think it looks great!

·
Registered
504 Posts
just get them painted a black + clearcoat mix. that grille is gone for a euro but the sidemarkers are still there.

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
Here's a guy who just did his, so it should give you a good idea of how yours will look

Hey all, it's been a while since I posted anything. As some of you know, my old grey Focus got totaled and I ended up getting an '07 ZX3 in Pitch Black. Well, my rims are already on it and today I bought some cling-tint and did the sidemarkers in 5%. I love the way it turned out because it matches the paint perfectly, it looks like I have no sidemarkers at all now!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Tell meh what ya think! Next up on the mods list is window tint, followed by blacking out the grille and painting the inside of the headlights black. Maybe even getting some old tails and blacking them out as well. I want to be blacker than Wesley Snipes.

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
is that laminx or night shade?? i was wondering if anyone has tried using laminx film on there sidemarkers cause i was thinking on doing that to mine instead of night shade. need ideas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts