Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What side effects have you ppl experienced with the UDP's, not really concerned with the electrical power cause i am not planning on upgrading the stereo soon, but anything else go wrong.

Plus can you please say what brand you have and cost .

Also i know eurozx3 changed the afx and says it was better than focus central anyone else feel that the focus central on wasn't perfect ? because it is the most affordabole on i can fidn

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the focus central ($115, i think) and definately noticed an increase in power (speed). really haven't noticed any difference w/ ac while driving. but when i'm just sitting in the car w/ the engine/ac on (which rarely ever happens, anyways) the vents just spit out air (not cold but not hot - just good old air). and it's extremely slow when the ac is on - but it probably did that before anyways. that's the only possible thing that wasn't great about it. definately recommend it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah is it easy to swicth it back to stock because the udp is one of the few mods that screws teh entire engine warranty, along with electronics and a/c.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
switching pulleys is a breeze.... no bad side effects. my temp gauge is actually cooler with the afx, so the water pump pulley may spin better with it. my car ran hot a couple times with the focus central when the a/c was on. i have a mtx81000D amp, its a 1000+ watt class d sub amp with 4g wiring and have no problems electric wise with either pulley

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything happen to automatics , explorers have problems with the overdrive when the alternator isnt workign well

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the FC got them for $90 from FC. WEll he had them on Ebay but still came from FC. Anyway I can feel that the car responds very nicely to this mod and would say get them ASAP. As for warranty I cant see them causing a problem because the car isn't having to work as hard. So how can it be bad for the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts