Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other week my twin brother was on his "Saab salvage 900" and had a hard time keeping up with my ST, so now he whats to show me who's the boss with he's new 2005 Saab 9-2x.Thanks to GM huge employee discount program made a car that would have been out of his price range a complete steal.A turbo charged 227 horse power all wheel drive vehicle with ABS, side airbags, head restraint system with jet fighter like acceleration and nascar like brakes for under $20,000!!! Also Pitch black for 2 grand more.
 

·
Capital Obvious
Joined
·
2,562 Posts
The 9-2x is a WRX in Saab clothing. He'd will spank you for sure. I played with a WRX once and it wasn't pretty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
^^agreed. the Saab will eat your focus alive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
That is the exact car I wanted to get before I bought the SVT. But alas, it all came down to price. The Focus was half the price of the Saab, and almost as much fun to drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MyBlackST said:
The 9-2x is a WRX in Saab clothing. He'd will spank you for sure. I played with a WRX once and it wasn't pretty.

Thats not what Im Implying, I know what the end result would be. I'm more in shock the price he scooped this car for!! Its almost the same price of a ST[:(] .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Silver03SVT said:
That is the exact car I wanted to get before I bought the SVT. But alas, it all came down to price. The Focus was half the price of the Saab, and almost as much fun to drive.

Not anymore, Can you say GM Employee discount. How does 7 g's off sound to you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
2K5 FOCUS ST said:
Thats not what Im Implying, I know what the end result would be. I'm more in shock the price he scooped this car for!! Its almost the same price of a ST[:(] .
Not arguing the value of the 9-2x at $20K, but with Ford's new "Family" program that's not an apples to apples comparison anymore.

Currently anyone can walk in and buy an ST for a pinch over $14,000 - no negotiation needed. When you add every option available the ST now tops out at $16,360.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top