Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone... im trying to find new ideas for my interior (mk1) i was interested in what people have done... so if you could all post a few pics id appreciate it? chrome surrounds, shifters, dials etc?? [driving]

cheers!

rich.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
painted the door handle inserts and gauge cluster surround, short throw shifter (STS), xm radio, kenwood stereo, and white-faced blue-indiglo gauges (sry no pic with that one in)

·
Registered
740 Posts
i have basically the same thing as everybody else with the painted trim. but then i do also have a custom tv in the headliner
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
122 Posts
My interior looks pretty stock other than my short shifter, and painted cluster surround. I also have a rear seat delete, but I don't have any pictures of it.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
my interiors posted a few threads down but here is 1 pic

Black headliner, black A B C pillars, and o-shit handles, converted to just the dome light instead of the over head console, blue accents to my gauge cluster, i have blue led's all over inside too...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh looking good. ive started by changing the gear knob and handbreak handle, ive just ordered a chrome gear surround from richbrook and i was thinking aboutpainting various parts of the dash a different colour. ive been looking into changing all the dash lights from green to blue but the poeple ive spoken to seem to think its not possible beause everything is dyed green or something???

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I just did my stock gauge yesterday. You have to take it out and sand/scrape all the green off. The biggest PITA was the glue they use to secure it. The color is easy to take off. The glue globs up if you try to sand. I scraped mine off with a razor blade and then sanded. Some of the green also sticks to the plexi-glass behind the gauge.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
^^^
got any pics?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
It's half way back together. Ready to make a run to dial in the needles. I put in blue bulbs but not the right ones. The light throw is straight out instead of all around. Just some I had around for now. I wanted to make sure I did the wiring right. I didn't use the gauge connection, I just ran it from the console.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here ya go its not everybody's kind of interior but I like it

·
Registered
733 Posts
yeah, took me a couple days to do it I'm glad you like it and zx5ye yeah that is the stock shifter before I put in the diy sts the last picture is what it looks like now I never realized how tall it was til I saw some before and after pics

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol my stck shifter is well short.... whats that 'bar' by the way? excuse me if im being stupid but ive never seen one before?!

will post pix of my interior tomorrow... is it hard to remove centre consol were the CD player is id like to change the colour to match my stereo...?

·
Made In The USA
2,010 Posts
Here is mine st the moment
I also have my headliner painted black

This is a work in progress

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
auto whats your cd pocket switch made from? i have the same thing but just black the cf look is kinda cool

·
Registered
733 Posts
lol my stck shifter is well short.... whats that 'bar' by the way? excuse me if im being stupid but ive never seen one before?!

will post pix of my interior tomorrow... is it hard to remove centre consol were the CD player is id like to change the colour to match my stereo...?
The bar is a rear stabilizer bar got it off of ebay, the radio part Ive never even tried to remove I'm sure someone will give you an answer about it

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
mine is pretty much stock , i did paint the vents and door handles flat black,looks a bit cleaner than stock, and also this custom pod i made for my volt meter.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts